Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a 2017 230i cabriolet for a year and a half now. I think that BMW is probably the most over rated car I have ever seen. It has no remote start, no compass, only 1 USB port, cannot download music or podcasts to car, and the TPMS is a joke. I bought this car after having a 2013 Chrysler convertible which was far ahead in technology. Why is BMW so far behind?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,466 Posts
Well, a BMW is a car and not a Black & Decker brown entertainment system. (You may be too young to remember ***8216;brown***8217; cheap plastic sound systems.)

My 2012 X5 has a compass and an adequate TPMS AND FTM and the HDD seems to take what ever properly formatted I send it. Oh, and two USB ports, though both may not be fully capable. Generally I am too busy driving to worry about entertainment, I leave that to my 80 y.o. navigator.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Because we're about as close to automotive NIRVANA as one can be....(without our better half leaving us for someone more responsible)
I've driven Bavarias finest for twenty years, owned 7 of them and driven a bunch of other cars that I borrowed or rented.....nothing compares to the overall feel. I've never been keen on feeling like a passenger in the driver's seat...

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
You bought an entry level model and are complaining about luxury features?

You buy a BMW for how it drives, smooth reving engine, tight shifting transmission, tight handling that can absorb bumps. You buy it for it’s design, styling, fit and finish all done in the precise German way. There is a solid sound the door makes when you close it as one example of this quality.

If you did not know this before you bought one, then why did you buy it? Only the joke TPMS would have been a surprise.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The 2-series is a great car. Take it to an SCCA track night sometime, find out what it can really do. You won't see any Sebrings (or 200s, same thing) there.

·
Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,276 Posts
I have had a 2017 230i cabriolet for a year and a half now. I think that BMW is probably the most over rated car I have ever seen. It has no remote start, no compass, only 1 USB port, cannot download music or podcasts to car, and the TPMS is a joke. I bought this car after having a 2013 Chrysler convertible which was far ahead in technology. Why is BMW so far behind?
Huh. My 2015 had a compass, didn't need more than one USB port as I had something north of 8GB of music downloaded to the car, and the TPMS gave me temperature and pressure of each individual tire to tenths of a psi. I'll give you the lack of a remote start, but as that's actively bad for the car, I agree with BMW leaving it off.

Or are you complaining that you bought a car without all the options you wanted?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Trade it if you are not happy. My 2017 M240i has all the things yours seems to be missing.

If you like the Mopar, get another one. Thankfully we have more than one car choice.

·
Registered
82 Posts
FCA has mercifully killed the Sebring/200 as well as the interesting little Dart option a few years ago, in the mad rush to present the public with more crossovers with all wheel drive for the 3 days per year some of us driving RWD cars on summer tires might get stuck in the snow. I can definitely appreciate a nice convertible, but I'd need a rollbar and a manual please.

·
Still Stickin' It!
886 Posts
Based on asking the question, the items you bemoan, and your preference for the 2013 Chrysler content, I suspect this brand is a significant mismatch for you. If the powertrain and chassis dynamic experiences and feel don't overide the lack of various "toys", you will be happier in another showroom, most likely Japanese or Korean.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
OP has only 2 posts, probably not coming back to see what he started or he was trolling like already posted.
yeah, that's pretty much a good indicator that responding is not a useful endeavor. Although I found his/her rant about TPMS being a joke rather humorous.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts