BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The forums had me reallllly questioning my decision to order the Cerium Grey and forgo the extended shadowline. I was particularly worried because I’d never seen one of these cars in person! But I have to say, I love the look! And I’m surprised the consensus seems to be so vehemently against it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not I...I think the matte grey looks fantastic...like on yours. Maybe some of the other colors it doesn't look so great on, idk. But I do know that I think the same about the shadowline black, that is it only looks good to me on a few paint colors.
One of the negatives of the Cerium that I've heard (and can understand) is the mirror caps looking dirty/weathered.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Cerium on the grill? ok, looks better than chrome; better or worse than shadowline is subjective, and also depends on the paint color.

On the mirror caps though? No, just doesn't do it for me.. it comes across as a cost cutting measure on a low-trim model than something premium like it's actually sold. Also draws your attention to the mirror caps in an unflattering way like elephant ears fluttering in the wind. Never understood it on the M550i where I first saw/remember it showing up - completely made no sense to me as to how it was adding to the desirability of that higher model. I'd either do shadowline to address this or get carbon fiber mirror caps with cerium. Cerium mirror caps are bleh.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I like it on a black car, it looks better than chrome. Shadowline on a black car washes out the grill. Showdowline does look better on most of the colors though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts