BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2008 535xi wagon
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't help but notice when a sports car drives by. Or, rather, I drive past one.

I also can't help but notice I've only seen an M5 once (ever) and an M3 a handful of times. But I see audi S4s on the regular and plenty other S-branded Audi's.

So, why, when someone wants a sports car, do they go for an Audi over a BMW? Bit of a false dichotomy, I know, but for the sake of the arguement let's keep it simple.

·
2008 535xi wagon
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Hamilton/Brantford. I guess I'll have to pay Richmond hill a visit next time I'm car shopping ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
In Michigan, I'd only drive an M5 4-6 months a year. An Audi, or my 535xi can handle the snow and ice. I think it boils down to your need to drive the car. If it's a daily driver, people favor the AWD when in northern climates.

·
Nac
588 Posts
Yes, I think the M car drivers don't go out much in bad weather.
Even in Maryland, a friend with an M6 rarely drives it much when winter approaches.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So true!!! Like Chevy HAHAHA Definitely in RH and Markham.
IMO I think people go for Audi because it does have a flatter height to width ratio - BMW tends to look taller.

·
30FF <3
2,619 Posts
idk, I see a good hand full of both, more on the highway though, I rarely spot a //M on locals roads....

For audi, I see a lot of females that drive them, when I think of audi i dont consider it being a sport car, more laid back, confident and luxury than anything.

·
Gear Jammer
193 Posts
It's an AWD manual sport sedan. Ever since BMW luxuryfied the 5, and killed the manual it has become more appealing. Audi just brought back the manual A4 this year.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
My gf drives an A4 wagon with a 3.2 litre, standard transmission. It's way fun to drive and handling is equal if not better than my 530xi. We prefer my car for long drives since my car offers a more comfortable ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts