BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...buy a 6 series? After being around here for a couple of months, I've come to the reality that there are some intersting people here. In reading the threads regarding the 6 series, I find a vast majority of them to be about some type of upgrade or mod. So I thought it would be interesting to find out why you chose to purchase this car over others. Especially those that purchased brand new. Sunny, I know you are the resident expert, but this question can only be answered by a 6 owner. So sit back, relax, and enjoy some: popcorn:. I'm sure you'll find this interesting:thumbup:......Phil

·
Registered
619 Posts
Saw (and heard) a full Hamann 5.2 e63 outside the Wafi in Dubai... a good year before the OEM 645 was even launched in the UK, after that day I wanted the 6er and had to get one!

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
...buy a 6 series? After being around here for a couple of months, I've come to the reality that there are some intersting people here. In reading the threads regarding the 6 series, I find a vast majority of them to be about some type of upgrade or mod. So I thought it would be interesting to find out why you chose to purchase this car over others. Especially those that purchased brand new. Sunny, I know you are the resident expert, but this question can only be answered by a 6 owner. So sit back, relax, and enjoy some: popcorn:. I'm sure you'll find this interesting:thumbup:......Phil
lol, ooo sunny got pwned. :p

Reason I bought a 6 series.. hmmm wanted a sexy coupe, that had power, and luxery.
Test drove a c6, didnt like it, had a very very small cabin, cheap interior...
next was the cl500, coudlnt find any cl55's , and ones i did had high kms on it... So that was a pass... Then, came the 6 series... took it for a 5min test drive and was in love, just had to get one... then modding, .... i followed the Triple S rule. "Stock **** stank":thumbup:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I went looking for a 3 series convert(wanted to try a convert but only if it was a hardtop)
The sales people could not find the keys to show me how the top worked on the 335i vert in the showroom

So I looked around around with my wife and son..we sat in Black 07 650i coupe...my wife said to me this is real nice

Got out and looked at the sticker...she said looked and shrugged that it was pricey but then said " you work hard; if want it,you deserve it"

well the rest is history basically( I was looking at an A5/S5 waiting for the auto tranny's)..test drove a used 645 as the dealer had no 07s left and the only 08s were customers orders

I decided I wanted the 6 series...so looked around, considered a vert...went to another dealer that had several on the lot and test drove a convert for the first time..early Dec in FL..temp was 75..perfect

I feel in love ..ordered the car Dec 24(it was on a ship in transit to the US) and it arrived on my birthday..Jan 17

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
I saw the 6-Series convertible in Miami Beach and then again the following week in L.A. on business trips in `06, and thought that the car was too sexy for words. Test drove an `05 CPO Sapphire Black/Black 645 convertible a week later and traded-in my `04 SC430 on the spot because the 6-Series was the better car in power, luxury, and looks.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
"Clunker" *****
4,684 Posts
I can understand why someone would mod a 3 that's out of warranty, but why would anyone mod a 6? It simply doesn't make sense. You reduce the value of your car without getting any benefit. I don't get it.

·
bmw addiction
7,152 Posts
Glad to see you are taking in the sights like a good little:angel:.....Phil
well not any more
I can understand why someone would mod a 3 that's out of warranty, but why would anyone mod a 6? It simply doesn't make sense. You reduce the value of your car without getting any benefit. I don't get it.
why do you wear clothe. wasnt the human body designed not to them.:dunno: moding a car is the same thing as us wearing clothes.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I wanted something that wasnt stick and was a lux car so that i wouldnt be speeding around like i was in my350z. Looked at Rovers HSE, Cl500, i really liked the 6 but it seemed like it was wayyyy more than they wanted to spend so i never considered it. Then one day went to the dealer with the parents just to look. and left with it. If it wasnt for the 6 i think i would have went with a 4.6is or cl500

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
you sound like you belong to bimmerdrivers haha some doche went off on about how german engineers designed the 6 so perfect, wheels this that, why ppl changing it..

why are you on this forum, chances are your on a forum because you have mods done to your car, or are planning to do some mods...

+1 on the clothes sunny lmao.... also its just to "personailze" your car to ones taste, so not every tom dick and harrys car looks the same. Who really gives a **** about value, or depretiation. You shouldn't be buying a BMW if thats a concern. Honda ftw in that case my friend haha

·
Bimmer Driver
397 Posts
i had a 530i and then i saw a 6er and ever since the first time i saw it.....i thoought it was absolutely amazing...........i went on my quest to find one....

after test driving it i had to have it and the rest is history
:):):)

·
Former Supporting member
825 Posts
First time I got in a 6 was 4 years back. my friend had a SMG 645, I was amazed with the power and instant response of the car, not to mention the revving on back shifts :thumbup: aside to being in a class of its own, dunno but the 6 always looked unique. So I really liked the car but never thought about it seriously. last year I thought its time to sell the boat ('97 MB S320) and gotta buy something less mature IMHO lol

Since im a fan of BMW somehow I thought better go for the 6 since the 3 is mostly driven by girls here (sorry 3er guys :p) specially coupe, so preferred something bigger. took a test drive of a Stratus Gray/cream beige 650i which was juuust the perfect blend for me. Ordered on Dec 06, Delivered on Mar 07 :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
After seeing a 6 on the highway, I knew that some day I would own one. The moment after I signed the papers, I knew I had to get rid of those flower power wheels! I swear, we got shafted with the OEM wheels (most of us anyways). It's probably the worst set of wheels BMW has ever come out with. A snowball effect occurred right after my Radenergies were installed. One mod seemed to lead to another.

If you don't want to mod your 6er, don't. You'll still have a great looking car. As for me, I still have all my OEM parts, and the moment I decide to sell the car, it's going back to stock.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
As to the mods and wheels debate, I think people are entitled to express themselves and their personal tastes as they see fit. One of the good things about the 6-Series to me (and especially the convertible!:)) is that the car looks absolutely bad-ass bone stock!

·
Registered
540 Posts
The 6 series as been a four/five year quest for me ever since I saw the first pictures of the Z9 prototype that would eventually become the 6. Love at first site.

I've been buying BMWs ever since I could afford my first new 328is in 1997. I've then traded up as my income increased to a 528, then X5 when I moved to the middle of nowhere New Hampshire. (I'm actually on my way to a Z8 as my ultimate car). I had a 2000 M Roadster in 2003-2005. I live in the middle of NH and didn't have a garage. The roadster was getting pine pitch all over it. Also, I thought the roadster for being an M was pretty skimpy on interior appointments. I decided to sell it, build a garage, then buy a Z8. It's taken me 3 years since then to build the garage (which has turned into a three bay garage, the last bay reserved for the future Z8). It's finally ready to add the car. I decided to go with the 6 instead of the Z8 for practical reasons (it had a token back seat). However, I still want the Z8 in the future.

During the time it took me to build the garage, my Dad bought a used 07 650i Coupe loaded. So obviously I had to ethier buy an M6 coupe or 6 Convert. The M6 convert was out. For $120K I would have bought the Z8, which as I said wasn't as practicle, not that a 6 convert is really practicle up here anyway.

I visit my local BMW dealer once a month (Tulley BMW is an hour away from me) for the last 5 years, just to look around and drool. In late April this year I finally decided to investigate pricing, one thing lead to another and I just bit the bullet and did it. I ordered on Apirl 23 and am waiting impatiently for the car to arrive mid/late June 08.

As far as modding goes. I think most BMW are sweet as stock and no modding is really needed (for me anyway), however I do think some mods just make the car even sweeeter. Lowering, and slightly more aggressive wheels for me. Other than that, the car has plenty of power and performance for my tastes. But we are all different. So to each his/her own.

Maka da world go round.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was hating my 911. I ordered an Audi S5 with their SMG equivalent, but it was a long wait. Meanwhile, I was driving by a Lexus dealer 2 months ago and spotted this car, a 2004 with only 9,000 miles, in perfect shape. I was in love, and still am.

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
^^ awww :p

btw did you test drivet he s5, interior was very nice, i didnt like the feel of the car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
^^ awww :p

btw did you test drivet he s5, interior was very nice, i didnt like the feel of the car.
I'm an Audi fan. I had a S4. But, the Audi is not the Ultimate Driving Machine. The S5 felt heavy and is less luxurious and less prestigious than the 6.

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
Thats until the RS5 comes out...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts