BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
:-)
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
even on the m5, they use black moldings along the side.. it's great if you have a black car.. but why?

do they think sedan owners don't really care how their car looks? (cuz the coupes have body colored moldings..)

:dunno:
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
On the contrary. I think they look great... They're just a pain in the ass to keep clean.
 

·
The Original Dr. Phil
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
On the contrary. I think they look great... They're just a pain in the ass to keep clean.
And wax of them :banghead: :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
mgs333 said:
even on the m5, they use black moldings along the side.. it's great if you have a black car.. but why?

do they think sedan owners don't really care how their car looks? (cuz the coupes have body colored moldings..)

:dunno:
2002 5 series comes painted. When My car arrives, I will get my moldings painted.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Re: Re: Why does BMW insist on black moldings on sedans?

CarFreak said:


2002 5 series comes painted. When My car arrives, I will get my moldings painted.
EXCEPT for the M5.
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
Hmm, I never do anything to mine but they stay clean better than any other part of the car.

Ever seen a white or silver sedan with painted moldings? Goodness its UGLY. Frankly I feel the same way about sliver and white coupes. I think its why Dakar Yellow looks great on E36s but hideous on E46 coupes.

OTOH the black trim they leave unpainted /unchromed on 325 sedans really help make em look cheap compared to 330s.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Looks fugly to me. :p Of course, I don't like the wheels either.

Edit: The second one looks one thousand times better than the first.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
nate328Ci said:


Agree

It is all personal preference though...
Of course. :) I simply disagree with him, that's all.

WRONG!!! WRONG I TELL YOU!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

;)
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
CarFreak's bigger problem is that its a post-facelift car. No, the painted moldings (and the Hamanns) don't help.

Sorry, man.

Man I hope they don't ruin the coupe with the same facelift features.
 

·
Elected by grace
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
I think the black molding as witnessed on this pic posted today really give AW a great
perspective by breaking up the vehicle into two very distinguishable parts; upper and lower.
<img src=http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=160214>

The all-white mono look on the sedan provides no definition IMO. The rims withstanding
(which I won't go into), my eyes are not attracted to anything
in particular on the vehicle. It's kind of just one large mass.

Just my .035 cents CDN!
 

·
The Original Dr. Phil
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
Kaz said:
CarFreak's bigger problem is that its a post-facelift car. No, the painted moldings (and the Hamanns) don't help.

Sorry, man.

Man I hope they don't ruin the coupe with the same facelift features.
I got good word tonight that the coupe will have similar changes to hood lines and a "touch up" to the front bumper ala the sedans but not exactly the same. Will begin with April production.
 

·
The Original Dr. Phil
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
CarFreak said:
Does anyone agree with me?:dunno: :yikes:
sorry not me
 
G

·
Not to mention, having those strips NOT painted helps anyone who parks like a normal person (actually placing their car between two other cars).
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top