Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt like my knee was in my chin during the test drive more than a few times. of course, i'm 6'3", so that doesn't help...

Wes

·
10,856 Posts
Pull the seat all the way back, or almost all the way back and you'll like it a lot better. A UUC Clutch stop would also help a lot.

As for why... No idea.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting, UUC says their clutch stop doesn't work on e46's...

Wes

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
330Cic Hopeful said:

Wes
Works on MY E46.

·
10,856 Posts
330Cic Hopeful said:

Wes
In 2002s, you have to take a hacksaw to it and shorten the bolt. In 2001s, it works as sold.

What UUC really meant is that the starter switch makes it more difficult to use the clutch stop. You have to place it BELOW the point at which the starter switch will allow you to turn the engine on.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
It's an integral part of the car's soul, it's heritage. It's what makes the car inherently Germanic. It's what makes it a BMW and not a Lexus. It's a liability thing (the U.S. lawyers would have a field day if the BMW engineers did it any other way). It's what separates the great stick drivers from the also-rans.

I ran out of gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! It wasn't my fault, I swear to god!

·
Registered
670 Posts
hts said:
It's an integral part of the car's soul, it's heritage. It's what makes the car inherently Germanic. It's what makes it a BMW and not a Lexus. It's a liability thing (the U.S. lawyers would have a field day if the BMW engineers did it any other way). It's what separates the great stick drivers from the also-rans.

I ran out of gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! It wasn't my fault, I swear to god!
They won't catch us — we're on a mission from God.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
C-Bear said:

They won't catch us — we're on a mission from God.

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!! We have a winner!!

:thumbup:

(I know, it wasn't even a toughie, but still). Gotta' love Jake. RIP, my brother.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts