BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My only complaint about the Bimmer is this:

When I park in the garage at home and I leave my bluetooth on my phone turned on, all calls still route to the car even though the car is off and even locked!

I can't remember to turn my BT on my phone every time I get home... and I shouldn't have to... if the car is off and LOCKED, the cars BT should shut off.

Am I the only one that experiences this, or is it common and functioning as designed? :dunno:

·
Registered
94 Posts
You don't say if the BT is OEM or aftermarket? My 06 with NAV and an OEM BT install shuts off when the car shuts off and the phone becomes the active device and no longer passes through to the car B/T. Something is not right if it's OEM and your car is shut off.

There is a way to keep your radio on after shutting off your car, and you don't say if you have NAV or just radio, but you may be activating the "leave the radio on feature" which may keep the BT active (just a guess). Check the manual to make sure you are not doing this as it may be leaving the BT on. Also, check your phone settings, I have mine set to auto BT sync, which I believe also un-syncs when the connection is lost. I don't think your phone can cause your car BT to stay active, but who knows?

Anyway, just some thoughts, if it's not OEM, I wouldn't have a clue, unless somethng was changed in the wiring that leaves the radio/NAV/BT powered.

Good luck,

Reb

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I do have oem bt... no navi... the car disconnects from the phone when I shut the car off... only when you are making or receiving a call does it activate again. It could be my phone forcing it, but the question still remains why the car doesn't stay off.

I know Im not turning the radio back on after shutting the car off.

·
Registered
94 Posts
OK, on my 06 with NAV I just went next to my car and had my wife call my cell. Just the phone recieved the call. Next I got in the car (when you do that the NAV screen activates)and my wife called, still just the phone recieved the call. Next, I started the car, and the phone B/T synced, then shut the car off and sat in the seat and my wife called, still just the phone recieved the call. So as a reference, it does appear that the B/T in the car is not active once shut off for my particular year and B/T install. I have a Sony/Erickson flip phone and used to have a BB flip and I don't recall either phone re-activating B/T in the car after the car was shut down. I would think that if the power was shut down to the B/T it would not activate. I wonder, do you have the "assist" module along with B/T? The assist module may stay active if the power is off. My installation is a non-"assist" module which is OEM but an after delivery install.

Hope this helps as a point of reference. Something does seem strange in that your B/T in the car is active after you shut it down.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have assist... and that makes sense that assist is always at the ready. I'll be asking at the dealer on my next service (certified car so required to service at the dealer) and see what they say and maybe make it stop.

Thanks for the input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.