BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a 2007 530xi CPO. I can also find really mint, low mileage, clean carfax, cars on "Luxury" used car lots. But I am scared to buy them! Why don't some cars make it to CPO? The luxury car lot cars seem to always have been sold at auction at some point.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Maybe the cost to acquire the car was higher than normal. So, the extra cost of adding CPO would make it unprofitable for them to sell. Some dealers buy cars on trade in at a high price just to make the deal work.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I had the same question and my local dealer told me that I could buy a car that is still under manufacturer's warranty and then make the car certified by paying for the certification. The SA directed me to a sales person for more detail.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Maybe the cost to acquire the car was higher than normal. So, the extra cost of adding CPO would make it unprofitable for them to sell. Some dealers buy cars on trade in at a high price just to make the deal work.
+1

That is usually the case. Also at times the dealers themselves keep the best of the best on trade ins and if they got enough of model "x" on the used car lot the rest go to acution. Otherwise they will once in awhile take one off the lot(been there for like 4 months plus) and send it too auction if a nicer trade in just came in. But alot of it all comes down to dollars and cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts