BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of many reasons why I love my X5 35d (see pic).

668 Miles to Empty !

I've got 1154 miles on the car, and today I filled up with my 3rd tank of diesel (one from the dealer, and one fillup a few weeks ago). Note I only put Chevron Diesel in the car, since the cetane rating is guaranteed here in Texas.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm extremely excited to pick mine up tonight.

Since the wife and I carpool to work that means I'll get to drive it every day.

We've been driving the truck for the last couple of months, so hopefully the light weight makes up for it being less then half the displacement of my duramax :)

Jay

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lightweight? It weighs almost 6000 lbs :) I guess compared to a Duramax it's a feather :)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, 5,200 compared to 7,600 :)
That's a decent difference. You'll love the 35d. It's perfect... I love the comments I get with the diesel. The other night I was pulling into a coffee shop and a guy stopped me and said:

Random Guy: "I know I sound completely crazy, but your car sounds like a diesel"
Me:" Yes, it is a diesel..."
Random Guy: "Wow, that's amazing. I didn't know that existed. Do you like it?"
Me: "I love it, especially the 600 miles between fill ups"
Random Guy: "Fantastic, I'll have to look into one for my next car"

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats to both of you. Enjoy :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
So unfair, at 4-5 weeks till mine is ready...

Everyone should stop talking about how great they are until i have mine...no more posts.

Im stuck driving a kia mini suv rental, arggg.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought my wife a new 2010 x5 35d, loved it so much, i ordered mine a year later. Not only is the gas mileage incredible, the power is exceptional. I put 21" BMW x wheels on her vehicle and 20" m- series wheels on mine. Only problem with 21" wheels, Dunlop is the only mfg of this tire. VERY Expensive and don't last long. These are the best vehicles I have owned.

·
Registered
134 Posts
No offense folks, but where the heck are the pics? Let's see these wonderful vehicles...

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pics are in. Black 2010 , Silver is 2011 both 35D. Love the vehicles. Hate to put 18" wheels on for the winter.
Looks awesome... What are those wheels on the Silver 2011? They look like the M-Sport wheels off the new 5 series.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
600+ miles on a full tank is crazy! Here in socal, diesel costs like 4.25/g or more...

How is it in other states?
No love for gas hungry 50i? :)
It's $3.65 a gallon here in Houston, TX.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.