BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Nick Burns, the Comp Guy
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Such BMW haters?

I just read the AudiWorld forums for information, as I read for information here. I don't own either car, but I've driven both brands and admittedly have a soft spot for the BMWs... but Audi is great in their own right.

However, every day I read the AudiWorld forums, I always will come across "I just raced this XXX BMW and kicked his ass". I never see that on these forums. Also, with the release of the new S4 which is admittedly slower than the M3, the world of BS never ceases to amaze me. Here, I read about how many BMW owners like the car, may be getting it, etc...

And on the AudiWorld forums I read about how the S4 will "feel faster" than the M3, and other such BS. I think the S4 has a different market appeal than the M3, and will sell well in its niche, but the folks at AudiWorld are already speculating that the M3 will be put to shame... I just finished reading a thread that reads "the new S4 will be a faster or more notably a more flexible engine compared to the M3!!" If I may quote..

The exact firgures when put in by Dave, results in a S4 with a more flexible engine thats 8% better than the M3. And u WILL feel the difference in speed when we finally get to drive it. So, if the S4 isnt going to be all out faster than the M3, u will definitely FEEL it!! So, chill out, audi still has it going on.
I am sorry.. I just get irritated. I like both cars, both for different reasons. BMW for all out performance, Audi for styling, build quality and great all around vehicles. Please explain to me why Audi lovers can't see both ends of the spectrum? I figure it has something to do with when you're on top.... everybody hates you.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Some need to justify their purchase by putting others down. Talk is cheap, except at the track. :D

It's all good cept maybe one of the Azteks. :rolleyes:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
I think that a lot of Audi owners like their cars becaus they are NOT BMWs. Don't like the stigma, like feeling a bit different.

Also, maybe you are comparing it to this board. This is a fairly mature place compared to many internet boards, not quite like bmwm5.com or rennlist. But pretty good.

I like Audis, but they just don't feel as good or are as much fun to drive as BMWs, typcially.

The poster is correct that the Audi may feel a bit faster or powerful. It does have a 4.2L V8, which should feel very torquey. But driving a car quite a bit heavier than the M3 though 4 wheels will likely mitigate it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hercules said:
Such BMW haters?

I am sorry.. I just get irritated. I like both cars, both for different reasons. BMW for all out performance, Audi for styling, build quality and great all around vehicles. Please explain to me why Audi lovers can't see both ends of the spectrum? I figure it has something to do with when you're on top.... everybody hates you.
Although I know some Audi owners who truly love their vehicles, the ones you describe have an inferiority complex, imho.

All things considered, if money were not an issue, it's bmw, hands down. Those audi owners who typically have that attitude are boys who couldn't afford to pony up for the ultimate machine.

I am biased, of course... :bigpimp:

·
Nick Burns, the Comp Guy
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Why is it that Audi fanatics are ....

disneyducks said:

Although I know some Audi owners who truly love their vehicles, the ones you describe have an inferiority complex, imho.

All things considered, if money were not an issue, it's bmw, hands down. Those audi owners who typically have that attitude are boys who couldn't afford to pony up for the ultimate machine.

Preaching to the converted :)

Though I like Audi too... but not for performance cars, for touring and luxury. Tres shiek :)

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
I think no matter where you look, you'll see stuff like this popping up. Our board has seen its share of this (most of the time by people who are new and don't know what this board is about) but it seems like we can give other brands of cars the benifit of the doubt. We don't bash every car if its not a BMW, b/c the truth is, there are some nice ones out there.

I've seen the same thing over at the IS300 board. I really do think a lot of it has to due with the average age of this board vs. these others. My guess is that the IS300 board has a good amount of teenagers and early 20's. The teens seem to be the ones with the biggest mouths though.

As for the Aztek . . .:eek:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

disneyducks said:

That's what I tell thrillhill at work, all the time...he needs to get rid of his A4 and come to the other side:bigpimp:

·
Caretaker for "The Boss"
124 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Why is it that Audi fanatics are ....

DougDogs said:

That's what I tell thrillhill at work, all the time...he needs to get rid of his A4 and come to the other side:bigpimp:
:flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :banghead: :flipoff: :banghead: :flipoff: :flipoff:

·
In a ton of debt...
1,837 Posts
I think that's because you are on a more "mature" BMW board here at bimmerfest. Goto fanatics and you will see "kill" stories all the time. I vaguely remember a thread about a non-M e46 killing a C5 corvette, and how people were debating if it's possible or not. Goto dtmpower and it's even better. I am sure there are other serious boards for Audi like the fest for BMW.

Good boards are hard to find these days.... When you find a good one, be careful with spreading the information to prevent troll invasion of a good board!

Hercules said:
Such BMW haters?

I just read the AudiWorld forums for information, as I read for information here. I don't own either car, but I've driven both brands and admittedly have a soft spot for the BMWs... but Audi is great in their own right.

However, every day I read the AudiWorld forums, I always will come across "I just raced this XXX BMW and kicked his ass". I never see that on these forums. Also, with the release of the new S4 which is admittedly slower than the M3, the world of BS never ceases to amaze me. Here, I read about how many BMW owners like the car, may be getting it, etc...

And on the AudiWorld forums I read about how the S4 will "feel faster" than the M3, and other such BS. I think the S4 has a different market appeal than the M3, and will sell well in its niche, but the folks at AudiWorld are already speculating that the M3 will be put to shame... I just finished reading a thread that reads "the new S4 will be a faster or more notably a more flexible engine compared to the M3!!" If I may quote..

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
I've been posting over at the new A4 forum and found them to be very mature . . .

I've mentioned that I've been thinking of the A4 and have gotten some decent responses regarding my 330

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts

disneyducks said:

Don't know if this is so . . . I've got a brother who owns an A4 2.8Q and my fahter traded in a 99 E320 4matic wagon for an Allroad and loves it.

Money is not always an issue . . . plus have you seen the prices of the new Audi's , , , WHEW !!!! A loaded A4 3.0Q is only a couple g's less then a loaded 330 . . .

A few years ago this was the case but Audi's have really gone up in price !!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Alan F said:
I've been posting over at the new A4 forum and found them to be very mature . . .
As I am still a member of the AudiWorld community, I must say that SOMEONE hasn't met "Audi Junkie" or "theyourk". :lmao:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hercules said:
Such BMW haters?

I'm soooo tempted to link this from over there, but I'll restrain myself to prevent an onslaught of Audi trolls. Most of the guys on AW are cool, but unfortunately, AW also has it's share of BMW bashing schmucks. I've been preaching your exact same message on their forums ever since I traded my 2000 A4 for my current 330ci. In all fairness, many AW'ers (most of whom I've interacted with over the last 2 years) are cool and have complimented me numerous times on my new 330. Other's take potshots and proclaim to my why me decision to switch to BMW (a decision I'm perfectly happy with) was a terrible mistake. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think that kind of loyalty to Audi or ANY major manufacturer of products is assenine. Audi, BMW, MBZ, Lexus, etc don't love you. They are in business to make a buck, just like any other company. They deserve your money if they make the car that suits you best, but they do not deserve one's total devotion and allegience. Some folks don't seem to get that. :tsk:

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Damon said:

As I am still a member of the AudiWorld community, I must say that SOMEONE hasn't met "Audi Junkie" or "theyourk". :lmao:
I gotta admit Damon that I don't really follow that board like I do here or the org so I don't really know the personalities of the guys there.

I use to actively follow that board back in the jetfly days (or something like that). Back then it was an A4 forum only. Those were the days when I thought I would never be able to afford a BMW and had my heart set on an A4.

BTW I did see a few of your posts over there, who could mistake that sig for anybody else :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Alan F said:

BTW I did see a few of your posts over there, who could mistake that sig for anybody else :D
That's the main reason I haven't changed it yet - it's widely recognized. Well, that and laziness. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts