BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope BMW of NA is reading this.

<Begin Rant> The yahoos at McKenna BMW just don't want to sell cars. They have one that I am interested in buying yet they don't seem to want to work with a customer. I'm not in the area and have asked for service records and build sheet. They tell me that I can see it on the car fax. Yes, I know; but I want to see the BMW records in the system. Dealer won't fax it to me for privacy reasons. WTF???!!!!! They freakin own the car. Whose privacy are they protecting? All the other dealerships I've worked with faxed it no problem! <End Rant>

I wil NEVER do business with them. They have kids as salespeople and do not have the ettiquette of a luxury mark.

Thanks for listening.:mad:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would call and talk to a different sales advisor or even the sales manager
if you get no where with the SA.

The "Warranty Vehicle Inquiry" that I looked at was presented at the dealership
and does state "Confidental" and "Not to be distributed or shared with third parties"

The "Sensitive" information can be blacked out with a marker in under a minute though.
Tell them you want to see this as it shows the service records for the vehicle and list all the options present.

·
Htd Seats = 4-season vert
732 Posts
Is it a preowned car? Since you're asking for service records, I'm going to guess that it is. Most dealers will not give out service records because they contain the information of the previous owner(s).

To get around this, some dealers will redact the private information and hand over the records. Other dealers will just tell you (verbally) what has been done to the car based on the records.

You might ask them if they're willing to just give you a rundown of the records over the phone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts