BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received this this morning in a local automotive newsletter. Sadly, BMW is no where near the top of the list.:dunno:

According to the J.D. Power and Associates 2011 Customer Service Index (CSI) Study, owners and lessees of Lexus and Mini vehicles expressed the greatest degree of comprehensive satisfaction with regard to all aspects of their vehicle-service-related experiences. Lexus, which topped both the luxury and the overall brand rankings, earned a CSI mark of 846.

It marks the third consecutive year that Toyota's luxury division has rolled off with overall honors in the Power CSI Study. The CSI number, a composite of scores in five areas relating to dealer performance during the first three years of ownership, is derived from responses to questions about service quality, the service initiation process, service advisor skills, the service facility itself and vehicle pick-up, in that weighted order.

Lexus was followed in the luxury-marquee CSI rankings by Jaguar (836), Cadillac (830) and Acura (828), which were the only other nameplates to generate a number above the premium-class average of 819. With CSI marks of 814 and 788, respectively, Porsche and Volvo registered the largest improvements from their 2010 scores.

On the mass-market side of the equation, Mini topped the 2011 Power CSI Study with an 805 mark, 19 points above its previous figure. It was followed by GMC (803), Buick (799), Chevrolet (792), Kia (784), Hyundai/smart (783 each), Volkswagen (779), Ford (773) and Honda (765), all of which exceeded the mass-class CSI average of 758. Among these high-volume brands, Mazda (750) and Suzuki (724) were cited for having made the biggest improvements from their previous CSI stats.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Given that Mini came dead last in the recently released 2011 JD Power dependablity study it's probably quite fortuitous for owners that their customer service is of a high standard...

It's not surprising that Lexus scored well, I've always had first rate experiences with their service in the past.

As to why BMW isn't a leader here, they really ought to be. I've rarely had bad service at my local BMW dealer, but they were never as customer satisfaction focused as say the Lexus dealer. Still, it's an area where BMW could improve. If the guys were as focused on providing great service as they are on asking for "5"s for sometimes average service we'd all benefit. The issue isn't unique to BMW, of course.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I am not surprised - I think BMW service is hit or miss. Personally I have had some not so nice experiences at the dealership. For example, I experienced a high pressure fuel pump failure on the DC beltway and the service advisor was like - well come on in next week!?! I have also been through 4 service advisors since I got my car - not too good. The service my wife receives for her Mercedes is leaps and bounds above BMW.

·
Registered
85 Posts
BMW needs to scrub their dealer network badly. Too many folks pumping the well that aren't representing the brand. And they've terrorized customers to get the survey results they need.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I guess I must be the exception. I have never had one complaint with the service at my dealer JMK BMW in all the years I've been going to them.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
cheers
vern

·
Registered
222 Posts
I haven't done a study, but I don't think I've heard of a chronically bad Lexus dealer. I doubt if I've even heard of one that was less than stellar. There are a few BMW dealers in my area, however. One I think is excellent, one seems very good, but a third is part of a chain that as a whole must survive on one time customers and people who enjoy being abused.

I also think that there are quite a few BMW owners who exhibit a sense of entitlement that I have not noticed as much as people driving Lexuses (Lexi?). In short, harder to satisfy people will be less likely to be satisfied.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am not surprised - I think BMW service is hit or miss. Personally I have had some not so nice experiences at the dealership. For example, I experienced a high pressure fuel pump failure on the DC beltway and the service advisor was like - well come on in next week!?! I have also been through 4 service advisors since I got my car - not too good. The service my wife receives for her Mercedes is leaps and bounds above BMW.
what dealer are you using?

·
Major
2,312 Posts
BMW customer service sux big time. And they should be #1 here hands down. Selling cars that are close to 100000$ some of them are even 150000$ u should really provide 100% immaculate service in any aspect of this business. I'm 24 I look even younger no1 give a sh!t bout me when I go to the dealer until they see what I drive. Every person is potential buyer. And really u gotta treat ppl with respect. All they care about is how to make quick $$$$$ of u right now right here. And u can really see that greediness in them. And I'm not saying there is something wrong with making money of u nothing is free and it's their job but there is way to do it to keep your customers happy and make them want to come back and tell their friends that's the key to successful business. BMW is one of the best cars out there it's not just a car for ppl it's the life style. And some of them don't wanna cross the door way of BMW dealership that's just sad.
I hope they will change customers approach by their stuff members.

·
Banned
650 Posts
:rolleyes: Don't go to a bad dealership, go to a dealership that values you as a customer, problem solved. Not all dealerships are the same, regardless of the brand. We had bad experience with some of the Lexus dealerships (back when we used to lease our LS460), and we had totally opposite experience with same brand dealership but at a different location (different state).

·
Registered
491 Posts
BMW customer service sux big time. And they should be #1 here hands down. Selling cars that are close to 100000$ some of them are even 150000$ u should really provide 100% immaculate service in any aspect of this business. I'm 24 I look even younger no1 give a sh!t bout me when I go to the dealer until they see what I drive. Every person is potential buyer. And really u gotta treat ppl with respect. All they care about is how to make quick $$$$$ of u right now right here. And u can really see that greediness in them. And I'm not saying there is something wrong with making money of u nothing is free and it's their job but there is way to do it to keep your customers happy and make them want to come back and tell their friends that's the key to successful business. BMW is one of the best cars out there it's not just a car for ppl it's the life style. And some of them don't wanna cross the door way of BMW dealership that's just sad.
I hope they will change customers approach by their stuff members.
Agreed. They are happy when you buy the car from them, then afterwords they just don't really care.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts