Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to BMW. Just purchased a 2007 328i. It has no angel eyes or am I doing something wrong? I thought all BMWs had them...???

·
Found the Search Button
2014 i3 BEV
1,771 Posts
Halogen or xenon headlights? Sedan/wagon? Halogen on the pre-LCI sedan and wagon did not have rings. Not all BMWs have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, if one were to switch their pre LCI 328i to an angel eye set up. where would one find it? There's got to be a thread around here, right?

·
Found the Search Button
2014 i3 BEV
1,771 Posts
There are eBay lights that usually come with projector style lenses and LED rings with lesser plastic quality or you could buy a set of the LCI halogen housings off a newer model.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have navigation in your car? If you do, you have the option to turn them on or off as daytime running lights... In the settings screen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone tried these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-U-HALO-FOR-2006-2008-BMW-3-SERIES-E90-BLACK-HOUSING-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS/401227075374?fits=Model%3A328i%7CMake%3ABMW&epid=848721343&hash=item5d6aff4f2e:g:NpwAAOSwLwBaZ~au#rwid[/URL]

·
Kostspieliger Spaß Quandt
879 Posts
Couple of years back I had a 2007 e90 pre lci that had been underwater 3 weeks, and sat another 3 months following hurricane Mathew. Car was rescued after 10 weeks of effort. The OE headlight housings were beyond repair having been filled with water so long the inside lenses were stained and the inside chrome plating was flaking off. My choices were over $2k for a new replacement set, $1400 for a used set, or $300 for aftermarket housings.

I sourced a set of new housings similar to the ones you posted, but these were simply the housings for OE Xenon pre LCI. Not being a fan of aftermarket I was skeptic but these were unique in that you only got the housing - you swapped all your OE components Bulbs, Ballast, igniter etc into the new housing so you basically had an OE setup with new housings and - yes the new style angel eyes. They still had a small amber reflector on the corner area which was disappointing but they worked ok. Finished the restoration quite well. I would think you would have an easier task just having halogen. Just spend some time aiming them correctly.

https://www.carid.com/2007-bmw-3-series-headlights/

Attachments

·
Kostspieliger Spaß Quandt
879 Posts
That's a great idea, I trust the housing has been durable?
The car hit a deer at 70 mph about 3 months after being restored. Insurance company wrote it off as the cost to repair too high compared to the vehicle value. The headlights were intact though after the accident. The engine, 6M tranny and differential were parted out to cars in the NC area. Someone got a great N52 engine with brand new everything in it for around $800.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts