BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why I can't get Cashmere Silver on a 328xi? I just saw this color for the 1 series and I love it, it solves all my color decision problems haha

but the 328xi would still be in the running as it is more practical than a 128i, but that color of course doesn't exist..

any ideas as to why I can't get that color?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Anyone know why I can't get Cashmere Silver on a 328xi? I just saw this color for the 1 series and I love it, it solves all my color decision problems haha

but the 328xi would still be in the running as it is more practical than a 128i, but that color of course doesn't exist..

Does it really matter why? Just pick another color and move on! Or wait until 2009 and see if it will be added to the 3.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,961 Posts
Does it really matter why? Just pick another color and move on! Or wait until 2009 and see if it will be added to the 3.
+1

·
Banned
4,301 Posts

That color does exist. It's called Platinum Bronze Metallic. Cashmere Silver is precisely what PBM looks like on a bright and sunny day, and on a grey/blah day, they'll both look beige. You need to see a PBM 3 Series in person and then you'll get it. In the renderings and in photography it's hard to understand. In person, bright sunny day, looks silver.

BJ

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,961 Posts
BJ's been up late smoking something.

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
BJ's been up late smoking something.
Yeah, these photos of the Cashmere "Silver" certainly don't resemble Platinum "Bronze" Metallic. This is just some smart marketing on BMW's behalf. "Hey guys, we have to sell a champagne colored 1 Series but we're catering to a younger market so we'd better call it blah-blah-blah "Silver" so we make it seem cooler for a 19 year old so his parents buy him the car in a more mature color."

The wheels on the car are SILVER. See the difference to the body paint, especially in the last photo?

BJ

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Cashmere Silver is what I had hoped Platinum Bronze would look like. When I first saw Platinum Bronze on the E93's introduction at the Detroit Auto Show in January '07 I really liked it. Under the auto show lights it really shined. However, once I saw it on the dealer lot it was more dull than I had first seen it. Cashmere Silver is a bit lighter and more sporty looking. Of course, I wasn't seeking that "status look" that as BoltJames has assured us can only be had with Platinum Bronze.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts