Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

On the online bmw catalog is shows 18 inch wheel packages for the 2018 x5 40E. But when I called three dealerships all three were not sure if 18's would even fit. I am only thinking of 18's for winter tire setup due to cost savings of 18's vs my stock 19 255/50/19's.

I wasn't sure if there were larger brakes on the 40E X5.

Thanks.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Balderdash. Poppycock. The 40e ships with 18's in developing countries (tough roads):

http://www.bmwgroup-media.co.za/digital/documents/brochure/X5.pdf

Yes, monochromatic 18" rims are the typical snow choice here. I have 18's with Blizzaks. 19's are fine, but tend to be wider, and will be less resistant to potholes.

Now, whether a given rim will fit properly is a matter or measuring. Suggest you search these forums for offset and backspace. Also, while you're shopping: avoid "machine faced" snow rims; many recent OEM rims have been machined. Simple grey or black powder-coated rims will resist salt better along their leading edge. If money is the issue, several older E70 rims fit, though TMPS has changed.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Also, pay attention to weight. Your 40e is heavy. A lot of 3rd party rims that will physically fit are an ill-suited fitment due to vehicle mass. Tire Rack should be able to sort you out.

·
Registered
12,232 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts