op, if you really want e60 wheels you do have three options. Keep in mind it may be cheaper to just find e39 specific wheel wheels, but if you just have to have e60 wheels here are three options.
- Replace your 74.1mm e39 hubs with e60 wheel bearings/hubs and that will give you the more standard 72.56mm hubs
- If you search the forums you will see others have done this
- Use hub adapter spacers (the inside of the spacer is 74.1mm and the outside is 72.56mm see attached pics).
- ECS tuning sells their own branded version in 13mm, 15mm, 18mm, 20mm, 25mm, 30mm (options including longer wheel bolts see here)and HR ones in 15mm and 20mm (see here)
- Tuner motorsport sells their own branded ones in 15mm, 17.5mm, and 20mm see here
- Note: Keep an eye on wheel widths and offsets, these adapters where intended for e36/e46w heels which have a different offset than e39s so you need to push the wheel out further from the hub anyway to make them fit an e39 properly. But the e60 offsets ranges are the same as the e39 so these adapters may push some e60 wheels out too far causing fender clearance issues.
- Have a machine shop bore out the e60 center bore to 74.1mm.
- I know a some people have said this can be dangerous and weaken the wheel. I have no idea if if it is safe or not.
Sorry about that...I did an upgrade back in August/2016 to add some of the Fxx & Gxx models (like the new 7 G11)...so the old URL changed slightly.
No need to apologize! You are just so central to our knowledge pool that we rely on you too much. But as always you come through! Thanks QSilver7!Sorry about that...I did an upgrade back in August/2016 to add some of the Fxx & Gxx models (like the new 7 G11)...so the old URL changed slightly.