BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm getting new tires installed on my 330i and since the tires were ordered through The Tire Rack, I will have to transport the tires to the dealer to have them installed.

Would anyone here happen to know if I can fit 4 tires in the back of a 330i with the folding seats lowered?

Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
I have always folded the seat and do not think 4 will fit in the trunk with out folding it.

Without folding the seat you better plan to have one or TWO of them in your back seat.

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Pardon my curiousity, but why not have Tirerack ship the tires directly to one of the shops in your area that are listed on their site as installers?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I considered this, but I rather have the dealer install the tires. I have the M68 wheels and figure it's better to have the dealer install the tires since if they scratch a wheel in the process, I have more leverage to get them to replace the wheel.

The best I'll get if I were to have the tires installed somewhere else is "Sorry".

Cliff3 said:
Pardon my curiousity, but why not have Tirerack ship the tires directly to one of the shops in your area that are listed on their site as installers?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
If you put them inside big plastic garbage bags, they won't even screw up the interior. And you don't have to fold the seats down.

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
tk said:
I considered this, but I rather have the dealer install the tires. I have the M68 wheels and figure it's better to have the dealer install the tires since if they scratch a wheel in the process, I have more leverage to get them to replace the wheel.

The best I'll get if I were to have the tires installed somewhere else is "Sorry".
Dooood, just take the tires to a reputable shop, and stand next to them during the mounting process. I take my wheels and tires to America's Tire Co., and have told them ahead of time how picky I am with my wheels, and they have NEVER scratched them. Plus, they torque them by hand to the specs I want. :thumbup:

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
1,817 Posts
Raffi said:
Dooood, just take the tires to a reputable shop, and stand next to them during the mounting process. I take my wheels and tires to America's Tire Co., and have told them ahead of time how picky I am with my wheels, and they have NEVER scratched them. Plus, they torque them by hand to the specs I want. :thumbup:
But don't they always feed you that all-too-familiar line, "Well, due to insurance purposes, we can't have you standing anywhere on the shop floor"?

:dunno:

·
Registered
70 Posts
tk said:
Discount Tire (at two different locations) damaged the OEM wheels on my 911. Both times they offered to pay for a complete refinishing job. Can't remember about the first time, but the second time the manager volunteered the information that he's personally slipped w. a tool & damaged the finish, took me out in the shop to show me, and offered me a refinish or a free mount/balance on my next set. I a) took the refinish, and b) continue to give him more business for being such a mensch about it.

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
3LOU5 said:
But don't they always feed you that all-too-familiar line, "Well, due to insurance purposes, we can't have you standing anywhere on the shop floor"?

:dunno:
I simply do not take my car to any shop that gives me that line. Simple as that.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Raffi said:
I simply do not take my car to any shop that gives me that line. Simple as that.
Every place I have ever taken a car has had at least one sign posted saying something like that. I've never seen a single one try to "enforce" it with me or any other customer.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Every place I have ever taken a car has had at least one sign posted saying something like that. I've never seen a single one try to "enforce" it with me or any other customer.
That is correct, they put them there for insurance reasons. And maybe to keep PITA clients out too :eeps: I've never had a problem at any dealership going into the work areas (some one needed to show them what was wrong with the speakers :banghead: :mad: )

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
PM 325xiT said:
That is correct, they put them there for insurance reasons. And maybe to keep PITA clients out too :eeps:
My favorite signs are those posting labor rates like:

• Basic Labor Rate $XX/hour
  • If You Watch $XX+YY/hour
  • If You Help $XX+YY+ZZ/hour

·
Registered
252 Posts
Fit 4 OEM m3 18's with tires in my car. One in the trunk, 2 back seat, and 1 front seat. It was hell trying to brake, but fit nonetheless.

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
Agree with PM and Clyde. The signs ARE there, but rarely enforced. If they try to enforce it and keep me away from my car while they work on it, I just pack up and leave and take my business elsewhere.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Raffi said:
Agree with PM and Clyde. The signs ARE there, but rarely enforced. If they try to enforce it and keep me away from my car while they work on it, I just pack up and leave and take my business elsewhere.
Maybe I need to put one up next time we're working on your car. :p ;) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Where is Al's reference pics ? :dunno:

:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts