BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Will a 2003 BMW 330i M Tech Transmission fit on my 2001 BMW 330i

1063 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Dave1027
Bad transmission I think its a leak inside. Too expensive to rebuild so i was looking to buy a used one and have found a used "GM" Transmission from an 03 330i "M tech". Wondering if this will fit on my 01 model? Not sure if mine is a "ZF" or a "GM" and also if the m tech will work on my car.:tsk:
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
"M-tech" was basically a cosmetic option for E46s not sold here in the US (Bimmerfest is a US Forum). If you do have that package, it would have absolutely nothing to do with the trans in that car.
Bad transmission I think its a leak inside. Too expensive to rebuild so i was looking to buy a used one and have found a used "GM" Transmission from an 03 330i "M tech". Wondering if this will fit on my 01 model? Not sure if mine is a "ZF" or a "GM" and also if the m tech will work on my car.:tsk:
I think too many good transmissions get wrote off way too soon. You say "Bad transmission I think its a leak inside" but your diagnosis seems iffy. You don't even know what make the transmission is. You could have easily crawled under the car and read that info straight off the pan.

What is the issue? Have you pulled codes? What is the maintenance history of the transmission? How many miles on the car?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.