BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I am considering the F06 Gran Coupe in my next car.

I love to ride a road bike.
A road bike can easily be placed in the rear seat of a typical sedan,
just by removing the front wheel. However, the Gran Coupe has a protruding rear console,
so it will not be easy to put a bicycle in.

Is there any of the F06 Gran Coupe owners who ever put a road bike in the rear seat or trunk?

Thanks.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 119K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
23,053 Posts
Ummm. Why not an external bike rack/carrier either trunk or hitch mount? It'll save the beautiful interior of the car, and properly keep your bike restrained.
How much is YOUR road bike worth?

·
Registered
32 Posts
1/6th the value of my car.

You're aware there's absolutely zero anyone can do if someone wants whatever's in a car, regardless of the car.

Other than an unlocked door, the glass is the fastest and easiest manner to gain access to valuables. So why risk broken glass and a damaged interior when the same security can be had using a properly secured bike carrier and lock, unless parked outside and in an unsecured area. But if that's the case... bring the bike inside.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 119K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
23,053 Posts
I disbelieve that OPie, with a Korean ISP, is seeking security.

My great ACUITY Insurance Co. shares the risk to my trikes and my X5.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I disbelieve that OPie, with a Korean ISP, is seeking security.

My great ACUITY Insurance Co. shares the risk to my trikes and my X5.
Interesting. I received email notification of your reply, yet the email didn't originate from Bimmerfest. I've also been receiving a lot of SPAM from BMW CCA and my local North Star chapter.

Someone somewhere's on a phishing expedition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.