BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am wondering if a unit like an Avic-Z1 will fit in an e90 dash without modification? Has anyone done this install?

Thanks, kevin

·
Registered
657 Posts
radgator1 said:
Hi, I am wondering if a unit like an Avic-Z1 will fit in an e90 dash without modification? Has anyone done this install?

Thanks, kevin
You wouldn't want to remove anything from the BMW as it's the control for much more than the radio. I'm sure jspira can explain it more and better than me ...so I'll leave it at that until someone better informed post.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
long story short, no.
it would require more modification then it would cost to trade for a nav-equipped e90
the factory radiois closer to a 1-din anyway.
try a tomtom or something external

·
Registered
405 Posts
no, it won't fit. you need to get a single DIN size flip up system. but that would block the air vents and you will lose the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
nhhiep said:
no, it won't fit. you need to get a single DIN size flip up system. but that would block the air vents and you will lose the steering wheel controls.
You may lose other stuff too. One guy lost his PDC functionality.

Make your life easy and just get the iDrive.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have actually already ordered my car with factory nav but read about a rumor of possible longer delay on production so was looking for a backup plan. My SA called today and said the schedule for Sept SOP is still on so I guess I was worrying for no reason.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts