BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for an F33 convertible with the Blind Spot option. I assumed it would be easy with the VIN decoders. I could just search for a bunch of cars and then run the VINs thru the decoders and voila have my target cars. But I'm not seeing Blind Spot in the Decoder results. I'm also not seeing the order code 5AG either when I do VIN decode. Even on new cars that say they have Blind Spot Assist. Does anyone know if its listed as some other name?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
OP I have blind spot on all of my BMWs, so I am looking at my vin's to see if its called out there in the vin decoders. Interesting results. I never ordered it separately, it was always part of a package I ordered.

On my (wifes) 2016 X5, its part of the Drivers assist packages, and what is on the vin decoder is: S5ATA Driving Assistant Plus.
On my (recently turned in) 2016 435 which also had it as part of the Drivers assist packages its: S5AGA Lane change warning, and S5ASA driving assistant. I believe its "lane change warning" on this car
On my (on a train currently on the way to me) 2019 X3 M40i its : S5ATA Driving Assistant Plus

A constant here is that both the X vehicles dont show it separately at all, while the 435 did as Lane change warning.

So, OP It appears to me that it may or may not be called out as "lane change warning" in a 3/4 series. With that being said, I suggest looking at the package contents for the model year you are looking for (not sure if you are looking at new or used), and see which package its in (driving assistant or DA plus). I believe its in Driving assistant on the 4 series. Look for either lane change warning or active driving assistant+ and if you see either of those, the car should have it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
OP I have blind spot on all of my BMWs, so I am looking at my vin's to see if its called out there in the vin decoders. Interesting results. I never ordered it separately, it was always part of a package I ordered.

On my (wifes) 2016 X5, its part of the Drivers assist packages, and what is on the vin decoder is: S5ATA Driving Assistant Plus.
On my (recently turned in) 2016 435 which also had it as part of the Drivers assist packages its: S5AGA Lane change warning, and S5ASA driving assistant. I believe its "lane change warning" on this car
On my (on a train currently on the way to me) 2019 X3 M40i its : S5ATA Driving Assistant Plus

A constant here is that both the X vehicles dont show it separately at all, while the 435 did as Lane change warning.

So, OP It appears to me that it may or may not be called out as "lane change warning" in a 3/4 series. With that being said, I suggest looking at the package contents for the model year you are looking for (not sure if you are looking at new or used), and see which package its in (driving assistant or DA plus). I believe its in Driving assistant on the 4 series. Look for either lane change warning or active driving assistant+ and if you see either of those, the car should have it.

I believe it is part of Driving Assistant +, at least on my 2017 440i convertible. For that year (2017), for that model (440i convertible), the lane changing/blind spot monitor/ and more are referred to as 'intelligent Safety' and are in the Driving Assistant+ package. Unfortunately, for me, my car does not support these functions. I purchased the car off the inventory and this (Driving Assistant+) is the only other package I would have wanted if I ordered the car in the exact configuration I desired. Oh well! Have a happy holiday season.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking used. Is there a site that lists the packages that were available by year for the 4 series?

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
I'm looking used. Is there a site that lists the packages that were available by year for the 4 series?
Not that I am aware of, I would recommend just googling 201X BMW 4 series ordering guide, and looking through whatever sites come up to see if they have the PDF of the order guide for that year. We used to have them here but this site has changed since the change in site ownership.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not that I am aware of, I would recommend just googling 201X BMW 4 series ordering guide, and looking through whatever sites come up to see if they have the PDF of the order guide for that year.
Hey thanks for the tip, I never thought of googling the order guides! And here is what I found in case someone wants this info in the future (note, I only looked for F33):

• 2014 Blind Spot is part of ZDB Driver's Assistance Plus, Ordering ZMM M Sport Line, removes Blind Spot
  • 2015-2017 Blind Spot is part of ZDB Driver's Assistance Plus, Ordering ZMM M Sport Line, Does *NOT* remove Blind Spot
  • 2018 Blind Spot is a Stand Alone option 5AG
  • 2019 Blind spot is part of ZCV Convenience Pkg *OR* as stand alone option 5AG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts