BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be overkill, but I am considering asking my dealer to plug the "battle scars" from the ED. I don't intend to put a plate on the front, so it would be nice to plug the front holes. Has anyone else tried this. Any idea if and how much I should expect to pay for this? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Alstoy said:
This may be overkill, but I am considering asking my dealer to plug the "battle scars" from the ED. I don't intend to put a plate on the front, so it would be nice to plug the front holes. Has anyone else tried this. Any idea if and how much I should expect to pay for this? Thanks.
Depends on what you want. That is not something a dealer should pay for. If you want it perfect, it will probaby need to go to a body shop and the whole bumper cover painted after the holes are patched.

My holes are right in a seem and I just smoothed them out as best I can, and put some touch up paint around them for now. You can see them clearly from within about 4 - 5 feet, then you can not see the holes.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Has anybody tried Bumper Plugs? I'm thnking about going that route, they cost $24.95 pair and are the same color as your car. Once you put them in you don't have to leave them in you can remove them if you have to put your plates back on.Do they look anythig like the PDC?
cheers
vern

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
My holes are just the size of small screw threads, so I think those would be even more obvious than just leaving them. Mine are small enough so that if you can look at it as a car, rather than perfection, its hardly noticable. Then again, my car was not perfection on the second day of ED, when the German bird we were traveling with threw her ski boots into the trunk and we weathered a major storm on the way to Salzburg. :cry:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was leaning more towards the bumper plugs, depending on how bad/big the holes are. The other issue will be matching the right colour. I will ask the dealer & let you know. Thanks all.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Alstoy said:
I was leaning more towards the bumper plugs, depending on how bad/big the holes are. The other issue will be matching the right colour. I will ask the dealer & let you know. Thanks all.
www.bumperplugs.com will match the color of your car and the holes cannot be greater than 1/4" in size.My question is has anybody on this site used this method and how does it look?
cheers
vern

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bumper plugs

I have used bumper plugs on my Porsche. When I picked the car up the front plate frame was installed. I remove it bought two plugs from the Porsche dealer for $3, painted them myself with touchup paint and clear coated them. They are hardly noticeble, and I can remove them if I ever get a ticket.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Alstoy said:
I've done just what you describe on 3 occasions after ED (7er, X3 and 5er). My Dealer has an outside company that specializes in small jobs such as this. Their work is excellent and reasonably priced. Here in NC you're only talking around $80 to $100.

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
$9 to ship the damn bumperplugs??? WTF? Forget them. If something like $2-4 came up, I would have thought nothing of it. As it is, you are paying $25 for these stupid plugs.

I want the deal ronx3 got from his Porsche dealer!! :cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts