BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in purchasing the BMW N20 stage 1, but I'm concerned if it will lower my MPG. How much will it lower it for normal driving? Do I have to use 91 octane (highest available here) gas?

Also, Its a SULEV (super low emissions) car, will the catalytic converter get damaged?

Also, did you find a noticeable difference in performance and 0-60 after installing? Do you like driving your car much more with it?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm interested in purchasing the BMW N20 stage 1, but I'm concerned if it will lower my MPG. How much will it lower it for normal driving? Do I have to use 91 octane (highest available here) gas?

Also, Its a SULEV (super low emissions) car, will the catalytic converter get damaged?

Also, did you find a noticeable difference in performance and 0-60 after installing? Do you like driving your car much more with it?
Your gas mileage will depend on how you drive the car. If you drive hard, it will decrease - the engine is now capable of making more power, and that requires more fuel. If you drive conservatively, your mileage will stay roughly the same.

I have no idea about effects on the catalytic converter.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
I have had stage 1 since mile 50, for almost 3 years and gas mileage depends on your right foot but I average 27 overall with mixed driving, best Highway trip being 35mpg on a 1000mile road trip, all highway.

Destroy your cat? No.

My zero to 60 went down by about 1/2 a second which is significant in a 3400lb car. Huge difference, wouldn't have the car w/out it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts