BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if you all think the beige is a bad move? It obviously looks nice brand new but is it going to turn a dirty brown within a few months?

Thanks for your help once again!!

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I had beige leather in my previous cars and had bad experience with them with lot of marks from either my black leather belt rubbing on the lumbar section to pen marks and other stains. So I went with a black leather instead this time around.

Probably the only advantage the ligher colored leather seat has than the darker ones is that it will be slightly cooler in the summer? And the looks are subjective. I like the black better :)

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I had beige leather in my previous cars and had bad experience with them with lot of marks from either my black leather belt rubbing on the lumbar section to pen marks and other stains. So I went with a black leather instead this time around.

Probably the only advantage the ligher colored leather seat has than the darker ones is that it will be slightly cooler in the summer? And the looks are subjective. I like the black better :)
Agreed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have noticed in my friends car with cream beige that blue jean dye seems to wear off and discolor the edges of the thigh and side bolsters. Also, the kickplate or sill at the bottom of the door will be continuously covered in marks from black soled shoes. This is of course in addition to the fact that the carpet will stain much easier. I think that if you have your windows tinted that the interior color is not as important as the exterior color when it comes to extreme heat. I have always chosen all black interiors because I feel that when you are driving it makes the interior of the car seem to "disappear" and all you are really paying attention to is what's going on out the windows. When I drive a vehicle with a light interior I feel that I'm noticing the interior of the car much more.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I agree, the beige leather gets dirty faster and is harder to clean. I may go with the black next time but only with the ventilated seat option.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Beige is harder to keep clean. No question about that.

On the other hand, beige makes interior look/feel bigger, feel cooler in the summer and the car looks more luxurous (and less sporty) overall.

I picked beige and will continue to do so on future cars.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Everybody is right, it does take more care. As it's been said, appearance/color is totally subjective. Also, as it's been said it is a bit cooler.
What ya gotta ask yourself is, do you want to put in the effort to own beige interior. Also, do you have kids/pets and is it even going to be possible to keep up with?
I chose beige, but I have no kids/pets and upkeep is mainly contained to the driver area. I do think I am going to change the OEM beige floor mats for OEM black ones. They won't show the dirt and will change the all beige/carpet/door panel/seat look a little. :thumbup:
Each to his own, and your choice to make. :)

dj

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
Just wondering if you all think the beige is a bad move? It obviously looks nice brand new but is it going to turn a dirty brown within a few months?

Thanks for your help once again!!
It's cleanable. I have Dove Grey (almost white) leather in my 95 M3 with over 100K and it still looks brand new (besides the tear in the bolster :mad:) because it was regularly cleaned and conditioned. Simple Green can work wonders.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Light leather (gray/beige, etc.) looks good, but I would only get it if leasing.

Any car I have had in the past with light leather looked like crap after a year. And no it is not cleanable.

I would avoid beige leather, and doors panels at all costs if you are keeping the car.

Black is the safe bet.:thumbup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've had my car for over a year now and the leather looks great. I've not experienced any discoloration from clothing or otherwise.

Floor mats on the other hand need constant attention.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've had the beige for a month and a half now and I'm really regretting it. :(

I don't wear fancy jeans, and they're well worn and washed. I still have to clean the seats weekly to get the dye transfer off. They do clean easily though.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have cream leather and haven't found it that difficult to keep clean. I wipe down the seats about once a month with a 10 to 1 mixture of water and Woolite that I mix in a spray bottle. One or two swipes of the microfiber cloth and the leather looks like new. I much prefer a few minutes of upkeep on the cream leather to the constant dirty look of black carpeting that shows every single spec of sand and dirt.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I ordered my 535 in Monaco Blue and Creamy Beige, and had the same concern. I ED'ed it in early Oct and picked up in US in early Nov. So about 2 months. Haven' seen the fying problem, maybe because it's winter now. Don't know how the beige leather holds in summer when you are sweaty.

Yes the creamy beige (or any light color) is more difficult to keep clean - you have to ScotGuard it more often and clean it sooner when it's dirty. When clean, th elight interior looks more elegant, IMO.

I know color is more of a personally choice. From my personal experience, I'd stay away from black-inside-black-outside, because it will make your car an oven in summer. I remember one day when I sat in wearing a short, I almost got a burn on my legs, kinda like sitting on a teriyaki pan. So I had to either wait for 5 minute or pour water on my seat, and it evaporated in seconds.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Lets get something straight!

The beige leather ( and any other lighter color) gets as dirty as the black leather, its that you can actually see the dirt on the lighter color easier. :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Lets get something straight!

The beige leather ( and any other lighter color) gets as dirty as the black leather, its that you can actually see the dirt on the lighter color easier. :)
That sums it up. +1

·
Registered
626 Posts
I know I would regret beige leather. It is beautiful and plush, but it would be a constant source of worry, just like black paint is. Unless you really baby it, I'm afraid you're in for a disappointing look.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.