BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am looking into buying rims for my 2004 bmw X3. I recently found BMW M5 style rims. They are 17 inches x 8 inches ET 20 with 5x120 bolt pattern.

I have attached 2 pictures of the rims.

I am wondering if they would fit the 2004 X3? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Note: The seller claims that they fit all 2006 - current 3 series and 2003-2010 5 series. However, he is unsure about the 2004 X3.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
They would physically bolt up if the center bore is right (72.5mm. I think).

But because they have a 26mm. shallower offset (and same width rim as O.E.) they will stick out that much more.

Might look acceptable, but it would change the steering feel and handling characteristics.
Some people say putting the tire contact patch out that much can cause premature wheel bearing failure.

Can't use spacers to correct for that situation, only the reverse (reducing too high an offset).

They look like replicas from the picture, with the M badge removed.
And the removable disk for the offset - haven't seen that on genuine BMW wheels, but I could be wrong.

I'd continue looking for ones with an offset closer to 46mm.

·
Registered
248 Posts
They would physically bolt up if the center bore is right (72.5mm. I think).

But because they have a 26mm. shallower offset (and same width rim as O.E.) they will stick out that much more.

Might look acceptable, but it would change the steering feel and handling characteristics.
Some people say putting the tire contact patch out that much can cause premature wheel bearing failure.

Can't use spacers to correct for that situation, only the reverse (reducing too high an offset).

They look like replicas from the picture, with the M badge removed.
And the removable disk for the offset - haven't seen that on genuine BMW wheels, but I could be wrong.

I'd continue looking for ones with an offset closer to 46mm.
10 mm more on each side of the center line isn't going to harm the wheel bearings one bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts