BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped in the car today, and the push to start is not working. Anybody know where I should start with this. Could it be a fuse , the starter , battery , or fuel pump. I need help please

·
Casual Fanatic
2,172 Posts
It might be helpful if you gave us more information. Does the engine crank? Do you have lights? Is it in park (or neutral) when you tried to start? Do any of the electronics work?

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
If you can hear the fuel pump prime, my guess is bad starter or start/stop button.

If ignition won't switch, its most likely the button. If it does, then possibly starter.

If the starter does engage and just keeps cranking, assuming you have fuel pressure and spark, could be bad crank position sensor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can hear the fuel pump prime, my guess is bad starter or start/stop button.

If ignition won't switch, its most likely the button. If it does, then possibly starter.

If the starter does engage and just keeps cranking, assuming you have fuel pressure and spark, could be bad crank position sensor.
I can hear clicking ! It's not the battery I took that to advance they tested it was good. I'm watching YouTube videos seeing if people had the same issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts