BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm planning on upgrading the 3 but keeping the 5. It was very fun while it lasted, however I'm now interested in the 4 series convertible or perhaps the new SLC 300 from Mercedes. One of the major deciding factors will be the new led lights, they look amazing (on the 3 and 7 series). Of course, ultimately it will come down to a test drive between the two cars but I'm still leaning towards the 4.

I did look at the pinned thread but no information was available specifically regarding the lights...any information would be great, thanks.

And yes, jet black all the way! :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I'm planning on upgrading the 3 but keeping the 5. It was very fun while it lasted, however I'm now interested in the 4 series convertible or perhaps the new SLC 300 from Mercedes. One of the major deciding factors will be the new upgraded led lights, they look amazing (on the 3 and 7 series). Of course, ultimately it will come down to a test drive between the two cars but I'm still leaning towards the 4.

I did look at the pinned thread but no information was available specifically regarding the lights...any information would be great, thanks.

And yes, jet black all the way! :thumbup:
which upgraded lights are you talking about? I have a 2016 435 with the lighting package, which has LED Headlights.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
which upgraded lights are you talking about? I have a 2016 435 with the lighting package, which has LED Headlights.
I should have been more clear. The new version of the led headlamps in the 3 and 7 series.

These:

Will the 2017 4 series have these type of daytime running lights?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This follows BMWs typical schedule. Nothing surprising here.
I'm not one to follow their upgrade schedule. I just typically assume, like most people, that it occurs at least once every 4-5 years. However, I was also hoping that now since the 3 and 7 models have the new lamps, they would also sneak them into the 4..they are after all changing the engines as well.

In the meantime, this might give me the perfect opportunity to upgrade to the new 5. :bigpimp:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm not one to follow their upgrade schedule. I just typically assume, like most people, that it occurs at least once every 4-5 years. However, I was also hoping that now since the 3 and 7 models have the new lamps, they would also sneak them into the 4..they are after all changing the engines as well.

In the meantime, this might give me the perfect opportunity to upgrade to the new 5. :bigpimp:
The 3 series coupe/vert (now 4 series)
always follows about 2 years behind the sedan in getting the updates. Same reason F30 came in 2012 but F32 came in 2014.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts