BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
VIII
8,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The E46 coupe and sedan are pretty similar. A different bumper front/rear, slightly different lights and 2 doors are basically the only difference. Do you think there's a posibility the E90 coupe will be a more drastic difference, like say it will look more like the new 6 series on the inside and out, or will it be basically the same as the sedan? I'm guessing that it will be just like the E90 sedan, but wouldn't be great if they made it a lot different? Different interior, kidney grills, body shape, etc...

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Moderato said:
The E46 coupe and sedan are pretty similar. A different bumper front/rear, slightly different lights and 2 doors are basically the only difference. Do you think there's a posibility the E90 coupe will be a more drastic difference, like say it will look more like the new 6 series on the inside and out, or will it be basically the same as the sedan? I'm guessing that it will be just like the E90 sedan, but wouldn't be great if they made it a lot different? Different interior, kidney grills, body shape, etc...
Oh they sure will. And a lot more money too......

·
Registered
55 Posts
if they call it the 3 series coupe, it would be the same fair as now: 2 fewer doors, different bumpers etc. However, if its called the 4 series, i'm hoping it would actually be a different car; just like the 5 series and 6 series... If they make the 4 series (IF) and make it a smaller version of the 6 series, it would be sweet... :) but... only time will tell

J

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
DuckofPrey said:
if they call it the 3 series coupe, it would be the same fair as now: 2 fewer doors, different bumpers etc. However, if its called the 4 series, i'm hoping it would actually be a different car; just like the 5 series and 6 series... If they make the 4 series (IF) and make it a smaller version of the 6 series, it would be sweet... :) but... only time will tell

J
There is nothing to stop BMW from keeping the 3 Series nameplate & making the Coupe look like a small 6 Series, although based on the interior room of that car, I don't know how it could get any smaller. They could easily use the 'supposed' turbo engine and then jack up the price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts