BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
whughes
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I got an offer to buy some rims from a 2006 M5, it looks like they are same bolt pattern, diameter and width, but they are different offsets. 2006 m5 says offset is 12 -20 mm, 2009 750li offset is 24-30mm.

What impact will the different offset have? will it work or will something hit?

·
Registered
29 Posts
You may compare with online calculators. You will have to enter offset and width of the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Higher offset means the wheels will be tucked in more. It looks like you have about 10mm difference in offsets front/back. Since the M5 wheels have the more "aggressive" offset, all that means is the wheels will poke out another half 0.5 inches or so. You DO NOT want to add spacers to the set up because that pushes it out even further. The previous pictures are of the M5 166 wheel replica. The OEM are made by BBS and are clearly marked in the back of the wheel. Also, they ONLY come in 19"s and have better/deeper concavity.

·
whughes
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the higher the offset the further out the wheel sticks? That means that if the wheels have a higher offset the risk is hitting my fender not my suspension?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
so the higher the offset the further out the wheel sticks? That means that if the wheels have a higher offset the risk is hitting my fender not my suspension?
Opposite. The lower the offset, the more they stick out. My F02 had 10.5" width in the rear with +19 offset and they barely tucked.

Look at wheel-size.com and use the calculator to compare the offsets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts