BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Will these tires fit my rims?

1194 12
I have oem 17" m sport staggered rims as my winter set and came across some 205/50/17 winter tires.

Can anyone let me know I they will mount without issues?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
No good....those tires are meant for a 6.5 or 7-inch wide rim....
Damn, thanks bob
Did you see the same ad for free tires in the Bernardsville News that I saw? I asked that very same question about a week ago.
I have oem 17" m sport staggered rims as my winter set and came across some 205/50/17 winter tires.

Can anyone let me know I they will mount without issues?
No they are from my girlfriends 2011 128i she trade it in and got a 2013 328xi will all seasons and doesn't need them. A shame cus they are brand new and my blizzacks are about dead.
You can always locate a set of cheapie wheels in the correct size....try the Classifieds Forum here & fanatics, eBay, etc.
No they are from my girlfriends 2011 128i she trade it in and got a 2013 328xi will all seasons and doesn't need them. A shame cus they are brand new and my blizzacks are about dead.
Bob what rims do I look for that will fit those tires? It will be a shame not to roll with an oem rim winter set up
If you can find another pair of front rims to match yours.... then you can run that size on them, all the way around....

I did it the last two years... 205/50-17 on 7.5" rims....

The size is fine.. they don't look as pretty as the 225/45-17 size, though....

One caveat: Front pairs are hard to find, because a lot of people want them for winter sets...
Bob what rims do I look for that will fit those tires? It will be a shame not to roll with an oem rim winter set up
ok so to be clear i just have to ditch the rear 8.5 rims and get two 7.5 rims and the 205/50/17 winter tires will mount up fine?

thanks for all the info, there seem to be alot of style 68's in the classifieds
205s will *still* be quite stretched on 7 1/2-inch rims....a little narrower (if possible) would be better.
ok so to be clear i just have to ditch the rear 8.5 rims and get two 7.5 rims and the 205/50/17 winter tires will mount up fine?

thanks for all the info, there seem to be alot of style 68's in the classifieds
I wonder if this sentence would be funnier re-arranged to

Damn Bob, thanks. :p
Damn, thanks bob
It HAS been said both ways.....(and worse :rofl:)
I wonder if this sentence would be funnier re-arranged to

Damn Bob, thanks. :p
:p :bigpimp:
It HAS been said both ways.....(and worse :rofl:)
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.