BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
No, it will not fit your 2004 X5. You would need a 4.8 kit for your application.
benathon said:
Tommy,

I haven't priced these in a while but what do you think of the price? I know it's unpainted so I have to factor that in. What do you figure paint time would cost?
TommyX said:
No, it will not fit your 2004 X5. You would need a 4.8 kit for your application.
When I called around to inquiry the same thing, I had to go someone to paint the parts and another place to install. It ran about $1000 for each.

I have an 02 4.4, does anyone have other aero kits that may fit? Or, an old accessory catalog link. When I last checked, the one on X5world wasn't working.
The other kits for the X5 that I know of are by Hamann , Mutec, AC Schnitzer , Hartge .

I can believe that the 4.6 kit might cost your $1000 from the dealer but $1000 for paint and install is high. You can actually DIY the install fairly easily.
pseto said:
When I called around to inquiry the same thing, I had to go someone to paint the parts and another place to install. It ran about $1000 for each.

I have an 02 4.4, does anyone have other aero kits that may fit? Or, an old accessory catalog link. When I last checked, the one on X5world wasn't working.
I totally agree with you PNG. This is a definite DIY mod. The price seems to be right there but I personally would just buy it, have it painted, and install it myself.

This guy still needs the 4.8 version though which is an entire front bumper replacement.

I'm sure Breyton can chime in since he did this mod.
PersonaNonGrata said:
The other kits for the X5 that I know of are by Hamann , Mutec, AC Schnitzer , Hartge .

I can believe that the 4.6 kit might cost your $1000 from the dealer but $1000 for paint and install is high. You can actually DIY the install fairly easily.
Thanks for the input, Tommy.

For the guys who need a 4.8is kit, the same seller has it here for $980 USD unpainted.
TommyX said:
I totally agree with you PNG. This is a definite DIY mod. The price seems to be right there but I personally would just buy it, have it painted, and install it myself.

This guy still needs the 4.8 version though which is an entire front bumper replacement.

I'm sure Breyton can chime in since he did this mod.
I asked the seller if the 4.8is kit that they have for sale is a complete new front and he told me the picture is the actual kit. Some people these days. I wasn't aware that I have to replace the front bumper. Does anyone know how much that is and what is actually getting replaced? I went to the dealership and compared a 3.0 to a 4.8 and they look pretty much the same.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.