BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
30,736 Posts

·
Uniquely desultory
7,607 Posts
I got this pump cylinder from my Euro parts guy in Berkeley, he's pretty knowledgable, has rebuilt Fiats and Jags, specializes in parts for BMW, Rover, Anglia, Alfa, Jag, Fiat and more. I think it was $80.

It slipped into the stock frame pretty well. I used a few zip ties to secure it in place. I was curious so I did a crude 'does it pump' test for the old and new units. Put about an inch of gas in a pie tin and rigged up a crude wire thingy, fuse, switch and all and used those pinch climps to put the wires on a spare charged up battery making sure ground was going to the right connection with an alligator clip. The new item pumped a much stronger stream of fuel that the older.

I could give you the guy's contact info in a PM, he does UPS.

Whoops, just did a web search, might not be available any more. I also used a Chev Vega pump in simiilar manner, it worked fine for years. I think I got that one at O'Reillys for about $40.

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
I believe mine was a 76 chevy nova. just had to reuse the pump prefilter and remember to use shrink wrap!!!! for the wire connection.

and if you haven't yet, change the inline pump and filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts