·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
King said:
Should work just fine. These is no difference in the 04 and 05 headlights. Adaptive headlights are an option, but this particular one does not seem to be adaptive. Gotta wonder about buying it off ebay though. I know he says it is in good shape, but I can almost guarantee he is getting condensation or something which is why it is for sale. :confused:
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't think about that. I don't have anything wrong with mine, its just the tabs the hold my drivers side headlights are missing or broken. I just wanted to replace it with this. I'm still having trouble adjusting my headlights to get them to match.

·
Registered
596 Posts
The tabs are obviously intended to hold the headlight in place. If the 4 bolts are secured, it should not move around anyway. Therefore the tabs will not affect the alignment in any way. Try adjusting the knobs on the back of the headlight. There are two knobs...one for horizontal and one for vertical alignment.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
King said:
The tabs are obviously intended to hold the headlight in place. If the 4 bolts are secured, it should not move around anyway. Therefore the tabs will not affect the alignment in any way. Try adjusting the knobs on the back of the headlight. There are two knobs...one for horizontal and one for vertical alignment.
Well I have been trying to adjust them and I am just getting frustrated.
Both of the knobs adjust vertical. I have no idea where my headlights are supposed to be. I know that the inner one is supposed to be for horizontal and outer is supposed to be for vertical. But both adjust vertical. And for some reason the high beam non xenon are not alligned either.

The dealership wouldn't do it because they said the tabs are missing.

·
Registered
596 Posts
benathon said:
Do you think I should just take out my headlights and then turn them all the way to one position and then go from there? Do you know how to uninstall the headlights?
I don't see how taking out the headlights will help. If anything you may make it worse. How did the tabs break in the first place?? Do you have a pic you can post? Is there another dealer closeby that is willing to do it? I would agrue with them and ask them to explain how a broken tab has anything to do with alignment. Show them the headlight is secure and not moving around! :tsk: If you're still determined, there are directions on x5world.com on how to remove it. Park a short distance away from your garage door at night and see where the light is aiming. Then adjust them the best you can until they are both aligned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.