BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pro.Fit International has some nice custom brackets for mounting cell phones and other equiment in the cabin of cars. I will want to mount my cell phone in the new 330i (with NAV) once I get it. My Passat currently has a Pro.Fit mount and it works great.

Will this bracket work in an '03 330i with NAV?: http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/BM-50-99.pdf

Actually, Pro.Fit is advertising these mounts for holding the new Delphi SKYFi units too. Oh great... what would I rather have mounted... a SKYFi or my hands-free kit? :eek:

·
Sikkens Autocryl MM
2,808 Posts
The pro-fit is a pretty good bracket. It should fit with the nav. If you download the instructions, you'll see the bracket will be to the right of the nav/HVAC controls. You can pull the dash trim off and see if that bolt is in the way.

I have my V60 cradle mounted on my Pro-fit right now. Two things you might consider to be a problem:
1. the phone cradle sits somewhat high so if the airbag goes off, the phone could potentially go flying back.
2. the phone is a bit of a reach.

Proclip also sells some phone mounts. I am thinking of getting one of these for the phone and using the Pro-fit for a Skyfi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts