BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check to see where the wind noise coming from. If it's coming from sunroof then you might need new seal. I had to get it done for my X3 also. Best way to check is test drive on free way, open and close the sunroof screen (not the sunroof it self), if seal is in good condition, sound should not increase, if sound is increasing as soon as you open the screen. Then you need new sealing.

Good luck.
-Yaz

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
253 Posts
I installed the roof rack cross bars, went out for a drive and the noise was horrible, removed them after the first drive. I'll install them only when needed and remove them when done.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I installed a clear plastic wind deflector on mine and it eliminated the wind noise. Makes it quieter when the sunroof is open as well; although if opened all the way, it increases buffeting. I only open mine 3/4 to avoid that.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Roof rails

Tow possibilities here, one the roof rails might possibly be installed backwards. I don't know on the 07 model but see if you can slide them forward or aft and find a sweet spot. But, keep interior sunshade closed for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.