BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi i'm new to the site and I'm having a problem with my driver's window. I think the drivers door was hit and something wasn't put back together right. The reason is the window goes down when it should be going up and up when it should be going down but only in two inch intervals, I have to hit the switch about ten times to close it and like wise in the other direction. I work at a glass shop so going into the door isn't an issue and I've been trying to diagnose it but with no luck. I tried swaping window switches but it didn't help. On the of the window motor is a electric module, could this be the problem. The other problem is that when you hook up the one connector that is only one wire when you shut the door it goes down unstead of up about a half an inch. The ground is right and so is the power so does anyone know where I should start looking for this wiring issue or part that needs to be changed. Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay when I ground out the wire's on the switch the drivers side is backward so I think there's a wiring issue somewhere in the system. It's backwards at the motor it's backwards at the switch so I want to check behind the glove box but I'm having problems finding the wire's. Can someone give me a general idea where they are located and if the colors of the wires are the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i'm having a similar problem with my own car

when going up or down...it goes about an inch at a time

i had the door appart looking for a simple solution.........but theres a black box attached 2 the motor...and after taking it appart i have 2 say its a bit of a box onf tricks itself......

its a printed circuit board with quite alot going on if i'm honest

after a quick visual inspection.....i couldnt see anything burnt out ....so there woz nothing obvious

but it has 2 b something 2 do with that..coz if u listen..........the motor still works on full power....it just keeps cutting out..

i'd like 2 know a definate answer 2 this myself....but as i am knew 2 owning a bmw....and new 2 this forum...i can only await a positive reply like urself

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a E36 Convertible and i have a problem with drivers window - when you try and put it up with the one press feature it goes up then stops and drops down a few inches. Someone told me its alignment problem. So if you can adjust the alignment then you might solve your problem too?

·
Peace
1995 325ic
64 Posts
There is a thread on this already....you need to do a search but it has something to do with the window motor having some component out of place (??)...do a search. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts