BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 97 328 I Convertible, Needs a little work, convertible top motor needs to be replaced etc. but one of the first things that I would like to fix is this problem.
The window on my drivers side moves even if the car is off or on, driving or not, it moves up and down about a centimeter.
It seems like when I push on the door it moves even more then it did.
I have done some research but cannot find anything that could help me fix my problem.
If anyone could help me that would be great!

·
I feed trolls
4,976 Posts
Does it do this when you open/close the door?

·
Registered
12,878 Posts
There's a switch in the door handle mechanism that triggers the window to lower about 1cm to pull the glass down clear of the sealing groove. Your problem could be in the door handle mechanism itself or in the wiring that goes between the door and the body.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Wondering if the OP was able to diagnose and repair the problem? Was it the door handle? The associated wiring? What was the fix? TIA!

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
It's not the door handle, its a microswitch in the latch the door locks into, and yes, that is the problem.

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, I'm curious if its a repair an amateur might attempt or if its best left to a mechanic. Also curious if the switch is expensive or hard-to-find. I downloaded the manual someone was good enough to link, maybe I'll find it in there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts