BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My E46 (2000 328Ci) has developed a really irritating rattle in the passenger door window. I only hear the rattle when the window is fully closed. It is really irritating. If I open the window slightly (just a cm or so), the rattle dissappears but I dont like the idea of not having the window fully shut.

Has anyone had a similar rattle and found the cause? Is it something simple or will I have to get the $tealer to look at it? I dont fancy taking the door apart myself incase I mess up the airbag etc..

Would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
carrollf said:
Hi,

My E46 (2000 328Ci) has developed a really irritating rattle in the passenger door window. I only hear the rattle when the window is fully closed. It is really irritating. If I open the window slightly (just a cm or so), the rattle dissappears but I dont like the idea of not having the window fully shut.

Has anyone had a similar rattle and found the cause? Is it something simple or will I have to get the $tealer to look at it? I dont fancy taking the door apart myself incase I mess up the airbag etc..

Would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Very common and a very easy fix. Follow my posts on this thread and you will be saved!!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=189654&page=2&highlight=gummi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ya as he said above its either the seal worn down which is causing vibration from glass to the door trim. Or its the top window regulator piece that slides back and forth. There are two of them that make the window go up and down. Sometime one will break and just rattle around, while the other does all the work. If not under warranty, the door is very easy to take off with a flat head, and a star tool. Air bag is only something you unplug once door is off. Hit me back if any questions brother.

Ryne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts