BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just received a new regulator and a couple of these clips have been included:

Unfortunately, the instructions are not very clear as to where they go, and I can't find any videos or pictures that show them in-situ - can anybody enlighten me?

Many thanks,

M.

·
Registered
43 Posts
these clips are used to hold/attache the regulator arm to the window. I don't think they come with the regulator purchase---at least not the regulator I bought here in the U.S. You might not need them since you already should have them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
these clips are used to hold/attache the regulator arm to the window. I don't think they come with the regulator purchase---at least not the regulator I bought here in the U.S. You might not need them since you already should have them.
The instructions advised me to replace them - I will if I can :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
They attach the regulator to the bottom of the window. If you Google BMW e46 window regulator replacement you will find numerous videos. The 50sKid has a very good video on this and just about anything you might need to do to an e46. He is very thorough and clear on the process.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Yes youtube videos are good for learning what to do before you accidentally broke something. Doesn't hurt to have spare plastic parts, but you might not need them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They attach the regulator to the bottom of the window. If you Google BMW e46 window regulator replacement you will find numerous videos. The 50sKid has a very good video on this and just about anything you might need to do to an e46. He is very thorough and clear on the process.
I can't find any videos where the clips are exposed or replaced - looks like everybody goes the easy way and reuses the old ones!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Might be that those pieces aren't shown in videos exactly, but they are right there, in the lower end of the window. Might be that original ones are black?

·
Registered
436 Posts
You will see them once you pull the door panel off and start the replacement process.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
They are literally attached to the bottom of the glass and are visible only in a certain positioning of the window.
Once you get this it will become very clear. It is a necessary ability to know if you own an e46, since these regulators tend to fail frequently at this age of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
My 330i regulator failed last year so I replaced that (front passenger side). I reused the old clips because they were still in good condition. I think I saved the new ones ... Somewhere.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've just finished the job - winodws is working again - and I saw the clips at the bottom of the glass.
I reused the old ones, though - I only do two or three thousand miles a year in the bloody thing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts