Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks,window was stuck down and wouldn't roll up.Could hear motor running so thought it was the regulator.Ordered a new one and put it in.Still nothing.Took the motor out and ran it and it's spinning.Not sure if maybe its losing power and going out.Order a new motor orrrrrr??? Help

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Are you sure you installed the regulator correctly? Regulators are somewhat of a PITA but also difficult to install incorrectly. Go back over your work.

·
Wingnut
3,703 Posts
look at the gear mechanism in the motor, the plastic gears can strip out. if so, replace it, the motor assembly comes as a unit with the gear head and motor as one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
look at the gear mechanism in the motor, the plastic gears can strip out. if so, replace it, the motor assembly comes as a unit with the gear head and motor as one.
Yeah i they look worn,i have a feeling thats what it is,going to purchase a new motor.Whats your opinion as to use the regulator i got from ebay for $40 from china or keep the oe one that still looks good?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yeah i they look worn,i have a feeling thats what it is,going to purchase a new motor.Whats your opinion as to use the regulator i got from ebay for $40 from china or keep the oe one that still looks good?
Buy a new regulator from FCP. LIfetime warranty.

·
Wingnut
3,703 Posts
or get a dorman brand from autozone, lifetime guarantee as well. 40 dollar one from upper yangtangia is always questionable, might not work outa the box, pretty much guaranteed not to be working in a few months. if the oe one looks good(rollers, cable clips and the cable itself) id give it a shot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does anyone know if a window regulator motor from a 97-03 5 series will fit my '02? need the cheapest option right now to fix and thinking for just pulling one from pick n pull to get me by

·
Wingnut
3,703 Posts
yes...motor application is that lf and rr interchange, rf and lr interchange.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts