BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '02 330Ci is about 7 months old with 9K miles and I enjoy it as much as the day I drove it home.
Over the last month or so, I have noticed a problem with the window seal on the driver's side. When the widow is lowered, It "sticks" for a moment and then lowers making a sound. I hear the same thing when I go over a bump. It sounds to me like the window doesn't have a smooth interface with the rubber seal.
Has any one dealt with this problem? Is there an easy solution? Thanks for your help.

Jim:dunno:

·
Ölmeßstabmeister
762 Posts
Go to your dealer and buy a tube of Gummipflege -- its a silicone rubber treatment for the door seals. you apply it and no more squeeks for a while...

·
Registered
33 Posts
apparently the window seal is a common problem... my car the seal actually came off, and i'm waiting for it to be replaced with a new one...
just take it to the dealer, tell them what's going on.. and ask if you can get a new one... i'm actually gonna ask them to replace both of em while they're at it.

·
Lead Foot
442 Posts
Me Too

Mine did this same thing for the first time yesterday 7300 miles. I have used Gummi Phledge twice since delivery of car on Mr 25th.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts