BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Kamaljit Kaur, M.D.
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm the original owner of a 2002 (White) 330i and the tints definitely need to be replaced. Anyone have any advice on the Llumar and Suntek brands? I'm trying to stay below $250 and have gotten a quote for $169 (Llumar) and about $250-300 for Suntek (Ceramic).

Oh and, most importantly, I live in South Florida = HEAT!

Any advice would be appreciated - Thanks!

:wave:

·
Retired USAF MSgt
546 Posts
+1
I think a light grey on my white 330Ci would look pretty good so I am also interested.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,231 Posts
If you use a radar detector, be aware that some tints tend to reflect radar waves, preventing your detector from working to it`s full ability.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I spend half the year in Central Florida, and I have Llumar on my touring. Keeps the interior very nice, and the A/C gets the job done much faster. I'm legal all around with mine. 35%

·
Registered
104 Posts
I used Suntek Infinity OP, Highly recommend it. The reflective metal looks great with my silver grey. My gf used suntek carbon for his silver camry.

·
Retired USAF MSgt
546 Posts
Just curious, first off I have tinted my windows in my truck and many other without a problem, pretty much all flat glass, but my 330 Ci has frameless windows and once you close the door the window kicks up an additional 1/2 inch or so. This is a safety feature built into the car. Now I know when they tint your windows they want you to leave the windows up at least 24 hours, so my question is how do they get around this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts