BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I don't really use this very much I'm not up on how to search for a certain thread. So I thought I might as for a little help. I'm looking for a guy that does window tinting in San Diego.. or Mira Mar I think and I know Nerverana posted something about him before... so if anyone knows.. or can find it quickly.. I would truly appreciate it..

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
encinitasguy said:
Since I don't really use this very much I'm not up on how to search for a certain thread. So I thought I might as for a little help. I'm looking for a guy that does window tinting in San Diego.. or Mira Mar I think and I know Nerverana posted something about him before... so if anyone knows.. or can find it quickly.. I would truly appreciate it..
Neverana used www.tintdevil.com

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I appreciate the help... and I do hope it helps others as well!!

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
encinitasguy said:
I appreciate the help... and I do hope it helps others as well!!
You are quite welcome. I have had my car since last November. I have not had it tinted yet although I want to. I have been looking around for a Huber Optik installer with no luck.

I may just cave and have Tint Devil do the work.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried to call them..

But never got a call back...

I had time so I asked another buddy with a 6 and he went to Alvin - O's... place down in Kerney Mesa... Great guy.. did a great job .. I think... they say it takes a few days to dry and really look the best.. but he took the time .. knows the car and I'm happy with it so far.. has anyone else heard of him?? I'll report any problems if I have any..

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
encinitasguy said:
But never got a call back...

I had time so I asked another buddy with a 6 and he went to Alvin - O's... place down in Kerney Mesa... Great guy.. did a great job .. I think... they say it takes a few days to dry and really look the best.. but he took the time .. knows the car and I'm happy with it so far.. has anyone else heard of him?? I'll report any problems if I have any..
Funny I called Tint Devil and never got a call back. Took several times to get a hold of someone.

Tint Devil wanted $500, how much did you pay?

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
FYI, I called Alivin O's. The owner answered the phone on the first ring. :p He has also been doing this work for 20 years.

I asked for references. Got two local BMW dealers to give him a good referral. He does the tinting for several dealers in the area.

Wow, I wish all businesses were run like his. He was nice, knowledgable, has tinted over 200 6 series and knows how to remove and replace the door panels to do the job right. :thumbup:

I take my car in on the 20th. I am glad you found him. He does not advertise. He does not need to.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alvin - O's...

Yep,

The owner is one really nice guy.. he has been in the business a long time and does most of the BMW's for the dealers in the area.. .

He did mine and so far so good.. knows the car and what he has to do to get the job done right.. charged me $350 and even took me over to an appointment I had up in the UTC area then when the car was finished he came and got me too...

I think if I were going to get my windows tinted this is the guy I would seriously consider even if I lived out of the area...

Once again, I was told not to roll my windows down for 3 days.. don't wash them for 10 and then come back by so he can check to make sure it worked out OK..

Works for me... Hope you have the same experience

·
Banned
1,742 Posts
chuck92103 said:
He was nice, knowledgable, has tinted over 200 6 series
Wow. He has tinted every 6 series sold in the United States!

-N-

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
encinitasguy said:
Yep,

The owner is one really nice guy.. he has been in the business a long time and does most of the BMW's for the dealers in the area.. .

He did mine and so far so good.. knows the car and what he has to do to get the job done right.. charged me $350 and even took me over to an appointment I had up in the UTC area then when the car was finished he came and got me too...

I think if I were going to get my windows tinted this is the guy I would seriously consider even if I lived out of the area...

Once again, I was told not to roll my windows down for 3 days.. don't wash them for 10 and then come back by so he can check to make sure it worked out OK..

Works for me... Hope you have the same experience
Forgot to follow up. Alvin did a great job with the tint. Car turned out great. A while back I had scuffed my door panel down by the front side pocket. Alvin had it repaired for me while he had the panels off. Can't even tell the panel was damaged. :thumbup:

I go the tint in the nick of time. A/C in the car does not work nearly as hard as it used to. :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad it worked out..

I love the tint on mine too... did a first class job...

Now to get it detailed and then just enjoy it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts