BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an odd one.... when I went to get in my '06 525xi this morning... all the windows and the sunroof were open. They were all closed when I got out of it last night. Anyone have any thoughts on how/why all the windows and the sunroof would open? Is there some combination of button presses on the keyfob that would cause that? Fortunately I park in my garage at home, but the car sits outside during the day, and we have had a lot of rain here in the NY area recently, so it spooked me a bit.

thx

·
Burnin up the road!
80 Posts
Holding the unlock button on the fob will open the windows,sunroof if you hold it long enough.

·
Registered
862 Posts
You probably had the key in your pocket and did something to inadvertently press the button - like bending down...I get this occasionally - same thing used to happen with my e39.

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Next time you see this, you can easily close everything by inserting the key into the doorlock and turning to the right (maybe left) and holding...all the windows and sunroof will close. There is no way to remotely close these things using BMW's key.

·
Whatever
2,182 Posts
Were your doors unlocked too? I agree with others on this thread. You probably accidentally pressed the "down" button on your key fob.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the button was accidently pressed in my pocket. I set the alarm off the yesterday by accident wiht the keys on my pocket.... either that or the kids got a hold of my keys.... :)

thx

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
You Putz... for a min. I tho u had the same problem as reported by a few E90 members, glad you figured it out.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
LOL You guys must be wearing some tight arse jeans or pants. I know that the unlock ubtton when held long enough opens all windows but never had this happen to me yet.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I guess we can say they are "Tight Asses"? :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts