BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Curious, if it is normal that the windows do not close after I close the top from the inside (using the button inside the car)? They do when using the CA (remote). Also, when opening the top, they do not go up after, as they also do by CA.

Last... Another odd thing.

The front windows have an auto up/down feature (press once, closes or opens all the way), but my rear windows don't seem to have the same option, nor does the all windows open/close button (have to hold the button). Just me? Or all E89s? Wasn't this way on my 2007.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yes, I believe it's normal that the windows don't go up after raising or lowering the top from the button inside the car.
There is no auto-up feature for the rear windows, it's a safety issue I think. As for your 2007 Z4, I don't think you had rear side windows.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Take it back to the dealer, the windows should go back up fully when closing the roof from inside the car......I had a problem that they did close fully, but then dropped down by about 100mm......had to be reset!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
From page 39 of the Owners Manual -

The side windows move down when the hardtop is opened or closed. Convenient closing - if you continue pressing the button after the LED goes out the windows move back up.

It normally only takes a second or so on my car before they start to go back up again.

·
Registered
21 X5 xDrive40i
640 Posts
Must be a difference between EU & NA configurations. My US manual makes no such statement and the windows don't go up no matter how long I hold the interior top up button.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's wierd.....i'd of thought it would have been the other way round if there was going to be a difference as we all know Americans are lazy!!:rofl:......(joke, don't report me!!!:angel:)
Seriously, that can't be right, the windows go down when you put the roof down, right??
So it should be be same when putting the roof up....:dunno:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Correction. Companies in the US need to protect themselves from frivolous lawsuits. In a country where every idiot can take you to court for bogus reasons it's no wonder that companies resort to these types of measures.
We Americans need to be protected from ourselves, thus the safety feature. No joke.

·
Shadowy Figure
83 Posts
Correction. Companies in the US need to protect themselves from frivolous lawsuits. In a country where every idiot can take you to court for bogus reasons it's no wonder that companies resort to these types of measures.
Reminds me of this.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a '06 Z4 (US market) and the feature worked which leads me to believe someone sued BMW at some point... I was disappointed when my '11 Z4 didn't do the same thign, but I don't have CA and my manual says the top will close automatically if you have CA... is this true?? Because very few cars here (if any) have that feature unless it's aftermarket for liability reasons.

·
Registered
21 X5 xDrive40i
640 Posts
I had a '06 Z4 (US market) and the feature worked which leads me to believe someone sued BMW at some point... I was disappointed when my '11 Z4 didn't do the same thign, but I don't have CA and my manual says the top will close automatically if you have CA... is this true?? Because very few cars here (if any) have that feature unless it's aftermarket for liability reasons.
With CA you can open and close the top from outside the vehicle. When closing the windows will go closed after the top is up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
With CA you can open and close the top from outside the vehicle. When closing the windows will go closed after the top is up.
DAMN I wish I had known this when getting my car. I also didn't know CA is the only way to get the top to go down with the remote. My fault for assuming it was going to be the same as on my old Z:cry:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I also didn't know CA is the only way to get the top to go down with the remote. My fault for assuming it was going to be the same as on my old Z:cry:
I won't get my car for another month, but from what I have read, you should be able to open the top with the standard remote, but not close it.
Is that not how yours work?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts