BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RedRooster
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i found where a parasitic drain is coming from on my bmw.
Its coming from windows system. In beginning i tought it was the window switch lights,but i removed them and still battery drain was 0,21 amps instead of 0,02 when I remove fuse for windows in the back pf the car.
But whem i remove the fuse i cant open windows anymore.
So what could be the cause of this?and what should i do?

P.S-My brother bought LED interior lights for his 730 and he asked if you guys could tell if they are more economical for battery than stock lights?:D (I think that they are,but what are your opinions?

·
Smuggled into the 'Fest
1,266 Posts
So you are saying the window fuse fixed the issue? That means that there is a short somewhere that you would have to find. It sounds like you know how to use a multimeter, so have fun. As far as the LED's go, they are crazy light on energy use, but, the dome is a relatively low energy usage device anyway.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing the source of the drain from your windows system. Sadly, it' probably going to take door card removal and individual electrical disconnections with as much information as you've shared.

Regarding, interior LED lighting, should be good so long as it's just the dome/door lights. If you're talking instrument cluster/dash lights replacement, beware of loosing dimming control with inexpensive LED lights. Power savings, if you tend to leave the dome lights on, you should be good for much longer. :p (General rule of thumb, led vs. incandescent <20% current draw for comparable "delivered" lumens) FWIW

·
RedRooster
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it seems that I will have some fun tomorow.
Il post the process of tomorrows work. Probbably start with other fuses(Im not sure if they are in right placement) Then folowing Sunroof,Windows.
And actually I think my central lock is also working on that fuse. Ill check that tomorow.
So wish me luck!:D

·
Old School
4,123 Posts
The other advantage of LED dome lights is that they do not heat the plastic lenses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts