BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 330i and am very happy with it. It includes Nav/iDrive. I use a t-mobile MDA, which is a windows mobile 5 pocket pc phone. It paired and loaded addresses immediately, while still at the dealer.

In general, the pairing is pretty good, and the sound quality is good.

I have two issues, and I've searched this forum but haven't found similar:

1. I have a lot of phone #s in the phone, ~2,000. I have discovered that some names I try to find in A-Z on the car are missing. It appears it loaded many of the #s, but not all of them. Does anyone know if there's a size limit on how many #s can be loaded?

2. I find the pairing sporadically disables bluetooth on my phone. I can't recreate it on demand, but sometimes I notice, after a call, that my phone is no longer paired with the car. The phone signal indicator at the bottom of the idrive screen is missing. I then have to go into the phone and re-enable bluetooth, and it's fine again. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
46 Posts
I, too, cannot access all my names. I have about 2400 names on a T-mobile Dash. Everything works fine except for the address book. Has anyone else seen a limit?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
905 Posts
Are some of the entires stored on the SIM card? It may not be able to access those.

I don't really know if that's the answer, just a guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with j, check to see if the #'s are saved to the actual phone memory or to the sim chip. Not very much do i lose my bluetooth connection. Maybe once or twice a day, but i noticed it is usually when i lose a signal all together.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Everything is on the phone (not the sim)

I saw in another thread that the limit is about 1,200 names. Bummer for me, i have about 2,400!

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts