BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
windows and sun roof quit I have a '95 318ti, this past winter the windows and sun roof all quit working. Chiltons has nothing in the way of wiring on these systems. Anyone know where I can find wiring diagrams, or have an idea what might be wrong?

·
tomas3314
54 Posts
kevinj said:
windows and sun roof quit I have a '95 318ti, this past winter the windows and sun roof all quit working. Chiltons has nothing in the way of wiring on these systems. Anyone know where I can find wiring diagrams, or have an idea what might be wrong?
Did you press/reset the circuit breaker by the steering wheel??

·
Registered
1 Posts
having the same problem with my 95 M3

did it work reseting the circiut breaker and where exactly is the circuit breaker also my electric door locks stoped working it seems like all the power to my doors and sunroof was interupted any suggestions appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
same problem with my '94 318is

Same problem here. And my manual says I have an automatic circuit breaker on the right-hand side of my steering column; I even have the cute little drawing in the manual. But I don't have this button. I called a couple of local dealerships, and their service departments couldn't help me (one hadn't even heard of the circuit breaker feature).
Anyone know if it's located elsewhere in the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem - windows and sunroof first worked intermittently and the quit working at all on 1993 316i E36.
I have just found this link:

http://members.roadfly.com/petah/e36comfortrelay.htm

According to this page it's easy 'one-beer' work :)

Hope it's the culprit in my case (and also yours)

Tomasz

UPDATE:
Bingo! The problem was with the comfort relay, funny thing is the deffective solder was at exactly the same point as pointed out at the above link.
For those of you driving RHD vehicles, it is located behind the glove box.
Good luck.

·
Peace
1995 325ic
64 Posts
Don't ya just love when someone goes to that much effort simply to help others he'll probably never meet...... pictures and all......kinda makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside ..or did I drink my beer too fast?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't ya just love when someone goes to that much effort simply to help others he'll probably never meet...... pictures and all......kinda makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside ..or did I drink my beer too fast?
how sweet! But really, props to all who take the time and effort to help. :thumbup:

·
<-----Sweet Jesus!
519 Posts
It happened to me and it's actually super easy....just a soldering gun is all you need to fix it. the relay is underneath your dash in behind your steering wheel.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
It happened to me and it's actually super easy....just a soldering gun is all you need to fix it. the relay is underneath your dash in behind your steering wheel.....
hey my windows and sunroof all of a sudden stopped working too and can u tell me where exactly is the comfort relay because i looked all over and i cant find it if u can tell me like what it says on the relay or somthing i would appreciate it thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad i found this page, if anyone else needs info, this might help you, This is the little bugger (comforth relay) and the view of the pins
they are about £17 +VAT from main dealers and the relay part number is ....... 61.35-8 353 090 i hope this is helpful ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts