BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can realy use some help plz lol
So my car has been sitting in my driveway for about a month waiting for a waterpump and radiator I ordered from ecs. This morning u put everything in and the car runs good but my windows dont work, I checked the fuse and it was fine. Idk what it cud be when its both doors not working

Any ideas plz?

·
Registered
625 Posts
did you have to jump start it or did it take a extra turn over to start? i know that when my buddys battery was disconnected for like 3 days and we put it back on the windows wouldnt work. once the car was running for like 15 mins it started. probably won't fix your windows but give it a shot

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I had to jump it. I know what ur talking about, that happened to me before were I waited like 15 min and it worked again. But its not this time :(. It cant be the motor cuz the windows still go down when I open the door.

·
Hellawut??
14,552 Posts
Or the switches....?

Or depending on your car that one button that stops the sunroof from working and all the windows.

Plz dnt tlk like this its vry annoying.

Thanks.

If we are taking time out of OUR days to help you, at least make it easy to read, thanks again.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
my front windows havent worked since ive owned mine. i gave up trying to find out why, im having them fixed at Turner Motorsport. it wasnt the comfort relay, motors, reulators, guides, or switches. i have a sneaking suspicion its tied into the remote start the P/O had. because the rears work, and when the lock button on the fob is pressed the rear windows would elevate if they were down. and im not getting into that can of worms.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or the switches....?

Or depending on your car that one button that stops the sunroof from working and all the windows.

Plz dnt tlk like this its vry annoying.

Thanks.

If we are taking time out of OUR days to help you, at least make it easy to read, thanks again.
What button do you speak of? lol

and dont talk like what? and no realy no disrespect, i really appreciate your help but if ur complaining about how i talk and that ur taking time out of ur OWN day to help me, a simple solution is to not read my posts or help me. just saying.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my front windows havent worked since ive owned mine. i gave up trying to find out why, im having them fixed at Turner Motorsport. it wasnt the comfort relay, motors, reulators, guides, or switches. i have a sneaking suspicion its tied into the remote start the P/O had. because the rears work, and when the lock button on the fob is pressed the rear windows would elevate if they were down. and im not getting into that can of worms.
**** front windows lol aero dynamics :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
This happened to me. I took door panels off and manually ran power to window motors with power probe and this reset windows. Sometimes windows will reset themselves. Pull window motor connector and run direct power to window motor spade connecters in motor. This can happen when battery dead or disconnected.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This happened to me. I took door panels off and manually ran power to window motors with power probe and this reset windows. Sometimes windows will reset themselves. Pull window motor connector and run direct power to window motor spade connecters in motor. This can happen when battery dead or disconnected.
My cousin has a power probe so Ill def try that when i get a chance, thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good. Just hook power to each spade into plug in inside of motor. Ground wire clipped to one spade and tip to other. Press power probe on and turn switch on and it should work. I have had same problem on two bmw's.
Will do, thanks verymuch. I hope it works because i hate having to open my door at every redlight for some air hahaha

·
Registered
621 Posts
it could be body comfort relay (light blue) check bentley for location of it on your year car. if not you need to have the body control module rephased. i had to do this more than once on my 95. if you dont have access to carsoft, you need to see a dealer. an interface with the computer and the module. fwiw.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.