BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought your wind restrictor in 2011 and it looks kool on my Z4. I have had people come up to me and compliment it,
dut recently it has started fading a little. Please see picture. What can I do to fix it.

Thanks
rsk

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Please send us your order details including purchase date, name, where you purchased it etc. we would love to hear from you! We offer a full lifetime warranty on our world class products. We stand behind it 100% :thumbup:

Please contact me personally at [email protected]
Or call us at 972-487-5987

Stephen

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please send us your order details including purchase date, name, where you purchased it etc. we would love to hear from you! We offer a full lifetime warranty on our world class products. We stand behind it 100% :thumbup:

Please contact me personally at [email protected]
Or call us at 972-487-5987

Stephen
Thanks for your response. Here are the details. Pls note that I used to live in Canada but now I live in Seattle.

Merchant: King Penn Industries
Description: Purchase from KingPennIndustries.com
Invoice Number: 2772_20110613165256
Customer ID: 2772
Date/Time: 13-Jun-2011 03:54:36 PM MT
Transaction ID: 3682458242

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought your wind restrictor in 2011 and it looks kool on my Z4. I have had people come up to me and compliment it,
dut recently it has started fading a little. Please see picture. What can I do to fix it.
It's actually in interesting chemical process going on, but the cause of fading is basically the absorption of ultraviolet rays from the sun breaking down hemical bonds. For instance, you may see how your kid's toys fade from the sun when left outside for a few months - same thing. Likewise, this is part of the reason why museums use very specific lighting when highlighting acrylic paintings, so the light doesn't cause the paint to fade over time. Unfortunately, when fading happens on a windscreen, there's nothing you can do to restore it, since the failure is an internal process.

Would you be able to post a pic? Others have also reported this same fading, so it'd be interesting to see what's going on.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Interesting post, however this isn't the case. The WindRestrictor was replaced free of charge, but not because of the sun damage that you mention. The sun does not affect our products at all. We use only top quality materials that are not available off the shelf. We now use a very high quality photo realistic laser engraving on our world class Windrestrictors. We find it works better than the sand blasting that was used several years ago. We haven't had any issues with fading. This specific issue was a mistake on our staff's behalf while the product was going through the assembly process. However, we've noticed some of our competitors may use cheaper materials that yellow easily and fade over time. Some of these velcro attached "wind blockers" as you call them, pale in comparison to the real WindRestrictor®. Customers have brought in "wind blockers" that were flapping in the wind as they drove up. Maybe, these are the models you speak of. Possibly, models that have painted on logos or stickers? These are all cheap reproductions of our products.

This customer has been taken care of. Luckily we have a FULL lifetime warranty on our products, unlike other sellers. Please, compare this to the other sellers of similar products as well. Our version is an incredible 3/8" thick compared to the 1/8 mostly found online for half of the price. These are the same versions that turn yellow over the years and lose clarity. We have an extremely rigid steel bracket system that was developed for both versions of the BMW Z4 WindRestrictor®. Once our product is in place, it's not going to be flopping around on the panel, it's solid.

Folks, if you want a wind deflector that is going to hold up at high speeds, block wind turbulence and look awesome on your BMW, go with the Windrestrictor®. You won't regret it!

Use discount code PAUL to save money when checking out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
It's actually in interesting chemical process going on, but the cause of fading is basically the absorption of ultraviolet rays from the sun breaking down hemical bonds. For instance, you may see how your kid's toys fade from the sun when left outside for a few months - same thing. Likewise, this is part of the reason why museums use very specific lighting when highlighting acrylic paintings, so the light doesn't cause the paint to fade over time. Unfortunately, when fading happens on a windscreen, there's nothing you can do to restore it, since the failure is an internal process.

Would you be able to post a pic? Others have also reported this same fading, so it'd be interesting to see what's going on.
I've reviewed some of your other postings and it seems you have a vested interest in the company Windblox, one of our "competitors". It seems as though you have been doing quite a bit of cheering for this outfit on other wind deflector threads. You know it almost seems like you may be affiliated with that wind blocker provider. I hope not, that sure would be dishonest if you created a fake account just to shamelessly self promote your products.

I guess that would be one thing to use a fake account to talk about your own products but to get on a Windrestrictor® thread of ours and try to persuade customers away from our brand, well that would be downright dirty. I guess customers can draw their own conclusions though.

Sorry folks, this has happened many, many times:tsk:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your patience with us, I hope you enjoy your brand new Windrestrictor! :thumbup:

Stephen
Thanks Stephen, the wind restrictor you sent me looks awsome.
Thanks for replacing it with a new one free of cost and also reimbursing me for the shipping cost. This is top class customer service. I have not see customer service like this in the recent times when customer service is pretty much non existent.
I sure will recommend your products to my friends.

Thanks again
rsk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.